how do we feel about lowering links?

i was thinking about getting a lowering link form my bike? bad idea? good idea? or is it just rider preference. i fit my bike pretty good now but if i took it down i thought it would handle a little bit better and look better. let me know what you all think. thanks!

Very few people actually ride as well as their bike handles. If you never ride your tires up to the sidewall, you won’t be missing anything by lowering the bike.

To the best of my knowledge lowering links are most commonly used for short people who have trouble touching the ground. Take this with a grain of salt as I have little experience on this subject.

IMO…If your happy with your set-up, don’t do it.

I would think a lowering link would negatively effect the steering geometry that had big bucks spent r&d’ing.

I think operator error is the problem here.

I was thinking more looks then anything but fuck it its not worth it

Your bike will handle worse. Don’t do it unless you can’t handle the bike when its stopped. FWIW my zx10r is the first bike I can get both feet flat on the ground on, the last 2 and any other 600 I’ve ridden I can only tip toe.

I love my lowering link. I was on my tippy toes before I got it lowered.

really? thos lil cbr 600s and r6’s are super low compared to gsxr1000

If you are interested in just cruising just slam it, but if you like to do twisties I wouldn’t sacrifice your handling.

Pointless if just for cosmetics, might as well put an extended swing-arm on it with a 220 tire IMO.

Function > Form

i would only use it for a drag set up and take it off or if its adjustable put it back to stock height when im not at the dragstrip…imo