How do you shift a Super 10 Transmission Eaton Fuller ?

I got a new truck today, Cleaned my crap outta the other freightliner Regular 10 Speed. Long story Short. Didn’t road test it :doh:. Took it in to service the AC. I’m heading home from Masury,Oh. Missing gears and bogging.

:rofl: i get onto I-79 and to late too turn around. Said fuck it, I’ll google.
Thought the clutch or tranny was fucked, No diagram of the shift patterns on the dash. Just thought the splitter was just in a different location :kekegay:

So how do you actually shift a Eaton Fuller Super 10 ???
google blows. get to the yard in warrendale. the other driver told me it was a super 10 and he didn’t know much about it.

Hope this helps :

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/5543/jimmayea5.jpg

super 10’s are easy as balls!

start in 2nd or 3rd. when you lift the spliter it will put you into the next gear, not a hi/lo

thier is no lifting up splitter, just forward and back.

Looks like low hole then split to second, split back while catching the next gear, then split to next, then split back while catching the next…and so on threw the rest. Used to have a Western Star that had a 14 speed Spicer that you could split each gear 4 times.

Should I move the stick out of gear hit splitter then back in Or move splitter let off fuel bring the rpms down and then get on the fuel?

man u use to be sooooooo goooooood with the stick!:kekegay:

I had that detroit turbo screaming like your dimehole being pushed in.

Your Old, You should know how the super 10 works :bigthumb:

Split down while making your shift…tough to explain.

lol @ shaggy not being able to drive a stick

It’s realy not my opinion that Super 10s are for sissies, most major trucking companies are going or have all gone to Eaton Fuller Super 10s. It HAS been said by many longtime, hardcore truckers, that the Super 10 is for drivers that can’t shift.

For those who don’t know, the super 10 has what’s refered to as a split gear system. With most standard transmissions, you shift through a series of 5 to 7 gears, flip a switch, and start the patern over again. With the Super 10, you split each shift in half. To shift from 1st to 2nd you would simply flip a switch and take your foot off the excelerator, and it would automaticly shift for you, then flip the switch back, and shift normaly from 2nd to 3rd. You only actualy move the shifter or clutch half the time. Unless you know what your doing and float gears, then you use the clutch for two reasons, starting and stoping.

It’s obvious why all the companies are going to The Super 10s. There are fewer gears, fewer moving shifts, and fewer clutches. This means fewer burnt out clutch plates and chipped gears, and more road time for these trucks.

i drive a mack with an 18 speed and its really easy once you get a feel for it. i can split each gear twice but usually jump through gears and run it more like a 13 speed.

Sweet, Less work for me. 51k coil (s) and less load shock during shifting.

Seems simple enough now.

Sounds like fun…Jim take me for a ride already!

No passengers allowed with this company. Must be a union thing :rolleyes:

probbly insurance… they are a motherfucker especially to younger drivers.

Thiers more older guys 40+ y/o with this company, 750 trucks or so with 12 shitty terminals . No one is allowed passengers. since of 8-9 years ago. When a Husband and wife company drivers where teaming. The wife was riding on a trailer goin through one of the drive thru mills and she fell off while chainning. He ran her over and that put an end to that. Very Strict Company. Should have done flatbedding from the start, /Vans

Not strict like TMC, Like washing the truck weekly. but they watch every $$$ and has a 98% on time delivery rating. Or have to buy new trucks each year, The shop is by far the best i ever delt with. Sacrifice New equipment for paid benefits/great pay and home nightly

wow

i perfer van over flatbed because i hate getting dirty and frozen and backing into mills . i would rather have a loaded trailer and be jamming gears instead of playing with chains and binders…

No G.O.A.L with flatbedding, Getting out and looking. Atleast the mill guys have a sense of humor. unlike the peckerheads at dollar general or a wal-crap. being dirty is better than driving cross country sitting over night at a crappy truckstop. chains and binders aren’t so bad, I’m 230 and tall enough to reach most things.

those mills built in the 1920’s suck ass. Especially Winner Steel Gate D in sharon,pa. but the split tandem > *. like backing a over sized SUV.

i never delivered anywere were i had to sit long. longest i ever sat was 2am to 8 am at walmart in acron + i never drove anywere i didnt want to go. thats why the national companies didnt work for me . i like working for local companies were you can talk to your boss face to face.i never had a qaulcomm just my cell phone. one time i drove from baltimore to somerset and wouldnt answer the phone because i was pissed at the owner finally when i answered he said he had a load coming to somerset from laural md and i needed to be ther in a half hour to pick it up . he was mad when he found out i was unloaded on the pike in somerset and i couldnt turn around till donegal. he was mad on the phone but face to face he calm down and we fixed a few problems we had with each other and it was good again, you just cant do that to these really big companies.