Is it Bad? Power shifting.

Is it bad or Overly abusive to shift your car with the gas pedal to the floor?

The ONLY way to shift is WOT and with no clutch imo…

Yeah.

I managed to fuck up the tranny in an S10 powershifting it and never using the clutch. I bent/broke something in it and it used to get stuck between gears.

I hear you can pick up some serious ET doing this

It’s totally fine. I did it in EVERY car i’ve owned every day. With the exception of the Audi. I particularly did in the K Swapped coupe… Hehe

Both of you are nuts without using the clutch, but I WOT shift ever car ive ever owned, ive also blown 5 trannys

Yup, hence me ET’ing the same as a 4XXwhp camaro in my stock Mach 1 :lol

esp on a turbo car yes, no lag!!

No i use the clutch, most of the time.

always use the clutch you crazy mofos

Great responses… What Im Getting is def better times but with risk.

Fuck the clutch

Shift now worry later

Yup, always a risk of messing something up. Gotta decide if you want to abuse parts and “baby” it to get ok results, or abuse parts and do it right to get the best time you can. At the end of the day, its your car and your call!

Yeh if you feel too bad WOT shifting the s2k ill do it for ya NO PROBLEM

:lol

Word, Drive it like you stole it!

Yeh my names not money mike…Ill be nice

powershifting is how all the big HP guys get great ET’s they dont use clutches, and never let off the gas…they also have dogboxes designed to do such, gearset designed to handle it, strain gauges on the shifter tell the ECU’s to blip the ignition off for a perfectly timed event and allow the engine to spin down and go in gear.

IMO do it so you can quickly get an R200 kit and yank wheelies like inline pro.

but I also ran the same ET as your Mach with 351rwhp :wink:

and I have NEVER no lifted my car…I lift and use the clutch every single time…Maybe this is why my Tranny still shifts like the day off the show room floor?