How do you tell if a swap is stolen? H22 Motor...

I was looking to buy a honda with a h22 swap and i just want to make sure its a legit swap. he said he has the reciept and everything…but you know how that goes now aday…

Is there a Vin on the motor that can be traced back to the orginial car to see if its stolen or whatever?

Does anyone have access to that information? any kind of serial/number that a motor can be traced to check if its a legit engine?

I dont want to bother if its a stolen motor or anything close to that.

you can try running the VIN thru a police dept… but still there are so many ways around this if the engine is stolen…

buy it then trade me for my tsi!!

^^i dont know about that one…i like honda :slight_smile: as much as you do!

vin from the car itself or the serial from the engine?
where is the vin on the engine located?

usually on the block, some manf put it near the axles. Just look for a machine pad that has writing on it… if its not scrapped off lol

I think that it is on the “back” of the block, above the intermeadiate drive shaft “drivers side” It should match the vin of the car… Just get that # run it thru the local police dept and if it comes back clean yo are good to go.

^^^sounds good to me…so is the intermdiate shaft taht is between the actual shaft and the transmission right?

Like it attaches to the block to extend it?

i’ll check it out

why does it matter i can bet you that a good amt of the jdm motors in cars over here are stolen…once they get on the boat its done from there…even if stolen or not if the cops go that far looking at the motor you will get in some shit for a motor in a car that should not be in it…:gotme: i was pulled over once and they ran the vin on my motor could not find anything on the car that the motor went to that was b/c i still owned the car it came from … but it took 3 days in the inpound for them to find that…just that it was out of a 92 acura

yea seriously, who gives a fuck. you didn’t steal it you bought it.

^^^but i hate to support thieves…and in the end…the car is not legit if it is indeed stolen…

you bought a ford, you’ve already supported thieves - called UAW

:clap:

the car is not stolen…the motor could be… but there could be a stock motor in there for all you know that was stolen and someone put it in b/c it worked …you dont know …any car you buy swaped the motor is “stolen” they can put that on you even with a recipt.just buy the car and read an extra 20 pages in the bible and call it a fuckin day you will sell the car in 6 months anyway and lowball to buy a new one :gotme:…

/life im out

jdm motors are taken from crashed/junked cars cuz japan makes you junk the older cars. honda theft isn’t as rampant as it is over here.

the vin plate should be on the tranny, not not on the back of the block. there’s also a serial # under the engine code where it says “h22”

thanks toda

[quote=Toda Party;777965]jdm motors are taken from crashed/junked cars cuz japan makes you junk the older cars. honda theft isn’t as rampant as it is over here.

probably because a honda or toyota in japan is just like aford or a chevy here.

but something stolen “bought” with a reciept and anything still dosent protect you if the item is stolen in the first place. if something with serial numbers is reported stolen and “found” later you can get screwed with the stolen goods being confiscated.

happened to a friend who buys a lot of ebay musical instruments.

thats true but you know youd love awd turbo in the snow or to build :wink: , plus you wouldnt be supporting suspected thieves :slight_smile:

who cares if its stolen, no ones going to find that motor.

lol!!
edit: if you need a VIN check I can run an Autocheck and Carfax to make sure the VIN is clean, other than that it doesn’t matter. drive the bitch