No ownership?

I found a CHEAP 240sx but the problem is that the dealer has no ownership of the car. Is there anyway to do this to get the car on the road. The car costs only hundreds which is why I am wondering is it possible to make a new ownership or how could I possibly get this on the road.

if its a dealership and they have no owenrship, one wordd comes to mine

sketch!

That is true however the car has clearly been stolen…no deck,lights few interior things ripped out…The plan would be a 95% rebuild of course but I just wanna know if there is anyway to work this out.

hmm… VIN # will reveal everything. Write it down and do a check if you’re really interested (assuming they told you that they are the owners but have lost the ownership)

If you KNOW that its stolen… well you won’t be able to register it and probably can only tow it to the track to drive it.

Something iffy about this though.

The plan was me and a friend rebuild the car and sell it. This was a sad disappointment.

do a vin check. if its not stolen then it probably has a salvage title. you could find
a 240 being parted out and transfer the vin and from that car to the one you want
to keep. poeple do it all the time. this is against the law tough.

peace

^^^^ two words come to mind this time

federal offence!

Big time!

If you’re gonna do this, at least buy a higher end stolen car… (still wouldnt do it though)

yeah, the cops don’t like fraud haha. when somthing looks to good to be ture
it usually is. i would pass on this car bud.

peace

Well thanks guys I guess its not worth the effort. The guy is going to salvage it so the car could easily be picked up for hundreds. This is why I had to see if there was any way around this.

im parting a car and u can have the vins. i wouldnt do it hto lol

If the car is good for parts and he is selling it cheap then go for it… but I dont think it would be wise to try to exchange the vin and toss it to some1 else. It’s gonna come back to you somehow.

i’ve bought cars without ownerships and managed to get them… i forget how though…

i never bought to own though so it wasnt a big deal…

buy, fix(rebuild), sell is the goal here.

take the VIN to the MTO, get used vehicle owners package,
track down owner (the package will have the owners name and city),
offer owner case of beer to sign off the car.

Get written permission from owner to procure ownership from MTO,
take ownership back to owner to be signed,

Profit…

If that is a stolen car and if you did that, you would legally own the car right? So couldn’t you just bring the ownership to the dealership and say “give me my car, I own it”?

If the vin reveals an owner other than the dealership and you inform the owner, he’d be better to call the cops and explain the situation rather than showing up there.

It’s to late anyway the guy scrapped the car already. I was actually gonna make an offer for parts only, what a bastard.

was it a s14?