how many of u still

0 people change… But i have a new group of friends, true friends :loopie:

Quite a few of them.

moving three times and the closest of which is 700 miles away sort of sucks for any friendships

More than I care for, but that number is happily dwindling

only one really.

i’ve known my roommate since i was 4. another one of my good friends I’ve known since I was 2. the rest of my close friends I’ve known since the ~4-10 range. few new people to the close crew. a whole shitload of friends i’ve met in the past 5 years, some have become close friends.

social butterfly

not many…

i think joe your one of the few

and not for much longer :frowning:

At the current moment, No one… but I intend to again in the near future :tup:

I love having this conversation. It coems down to two things.

Locality and Common Interest.

Locality basically refers to the fact that the people you befriend when you are young is typically determined by location. You befriend the people around you, geographically speaking. The school you attend and where you live are what establishes who you befriend.

When you get out of highschool you pursue your interests and are not confined to your prior location (home, school, neighbourhood)

Location alone is not enough to sustain a relationship. You need to have Common Interests. A common interest is enough to sustain a relationship beyond location difficulties.

Heck, i see Josh and Newman more than most of my old friends and we live in totally different countries.

That has 100% to do with the fact that my old buddies are not into cars and are also not married. We have nothing in common anymore so i havent seen or heard from any of them in years and i really dont care.

Probably like, most of them. A couple have changed to the point where they are huge pricks, but whatever.

I met Old Ballz (poopra) when his Fiancé wasn’t even born yet.

X…

i still chill with the kids i grew up with when i’m home. but i dont see them much since im in buffalo for most of the year. god only knows what will happen when i graduate.

[quote=“Xander,post:31,topic:36985"”]

I met Old Ballz (poopra) when his Fiancé wasn’t even born yet.

X…

[/quote]

Yes this is true

I think we ought to put our age next to how many friends you have/grew up with.

It seems that as you get older, your long time friends seem to fade away…into marriage, different friends, different lifestyles, ect.

I def. agree with how friends interests change. 2-3 of my closest friends (did everything together) we got into cars, doing engines swaps ect. then they just get out of it. They end up looking at modding cars as a waste of money/time (sometimes true) and turn there back on it. Then they get married and pop out 3-4 kids and want a devorice. Some try to talk cars with me like old times, but there talk is so empty (hard to explain what I mean). Its like they’re 17 yrs old again. Doing the benchracing. Telling me, “oh, Im going to get this fbody and do this or that.” Both of us knowing the wife wont let you. Its sad.

OH BTW: I’m 28 and only hang out with one friend I’ve hung out with since we were 15. I still see others that I’ve known longer but…they’re married and have a different lifestyle.

The friends i grew up with real early in life changed.

The friends i had in high school and after are still around but since i work a second shift i don’t see them anymore :(. Working an odd ball shift compared to everyone else has sucked the big one.

I miss you joe

[quote=“greenbull,post:37,topic:36985"”]

The friends i grew up with real early in life changed.

The friends i had in high school and after are still around but since i work a second shift i don’t see them anymore :(. Working an odd ball shift compared to everyone else has sucked the big one.

I miss you joe

[/quote]

o just joe

i see how it is :tantrum:

im actually still friends with a lot of people i grew up with. Nice to see those friendships can last from such an early time up until now. Shows that they will probably last a lot longer

[quote=“Bsp TC,post:38,topic:36985"”]

o just joe

i see how it is :tantrum:

[/quote]

sowwy jeffy didn’t recognize you

i miss you too.