[quote=“badnewsmini,post:36,topic:37471"”]

100hp, 177 tq

01 jetta stock

[/quote]

its 90 hp and 150 tq

247hp / 267ftlbs on 13psi from a couple years ago

tq peak around 3400rpm

Dan

I do for sure, more than double in fact. I’d ballpark my engine at about 340hp/800tq

I know I’m quite a bit higher in the torque department than horsepower on both of the 455’s, not sure on actual wheel dynoed numbers though.

[quote=“JuicedGT,post:18,topic:37471"”]

not all domestics make more tq than hp. Most pushrod motors do, but anything newer (ie: OHC) does not. At least when it comes to mustangs.

[/quote]

Also, the pushrod comment does not always hold true. I’m dead even, hp/tq, 400/400.

there is a really good chance that i’m making more tq than hp. take this video for example. they have a smaller engine than me too, less boost, more restrictive intake and a smaller turbo… I can’t wait to hit the dyno.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/74b4dee2-d958-47d5-905f-983400b4d952.htm

not here… 80ish tq… 170ish hp

I know I’m putting out more tq than hp… I haven’t been to a dyno yet tho.

210 horsepower at 5,200 rpm, 235 lb-ft of torque at 4,000 rpm

My MR2 would…the Lotus would be slightly ahead in whp than wtq…

The RX7…

Haha, yeah, it’s the torqueless wonder…

[quote=“intense98rt,post:48,topic:37471"”]

I know I’m putting out more tq than hp… I haven’t been to a dyno yet tho.

[/quote]

the neon? turbo? 2.4L?

if not, then you prolly aren’t making more tq than HP with a sohc or dohc neon.

Brian

350hp 350tq wheel in the LT1, made more TQ than horse on spray too.

[quote=“93dx–hatch,post:41,topic:37471"”]

its 90 hp and 150 tq

[/quote]

you are correct sir.

i have pp520’s, a stg II upsolute chip and less restrictive intercooler piping to achive my 260 ft/lbs.

all which will be for sale come spring time…

[quote=“Quattro Krant,post:45,topic:37471"”]

Also, the pushrod comment does not always hold true. I’m dead even, hp/tq, 400/400.

[/quote]

Thats why i said “most” pushrods. not all. nice numbers :tup:

[quote=“1BADGPGT,post:15,topic:37471"”]

Its more fun to make more tq that hp. I think most, if not all domestic V8/V6s make more tq than hp.

[/quote]

Once a street car gets very powerful, you need to tame the torque down low to get it to hook. This even applies to some extent to drag cars on the track. That’s one of the reasons why on a setup like mine the nitrous isn’t activated till 4,500rpm. Anyway, as far as “fun” that is an individual preference. My own preference for a high performance streeter is for decent torque and throttle reponse down low, and a very strong midrange that continues to build until redline.

Yeah, its def. about preference. Ever since I learned John Lingenfelter’s views on performance builds (build for a nice solid, flat torque curve and let the hp fall where it may) you end up with a fun to drive car. It’s fun as hell to have your buddy’s head snap back when u nail the throttle at any given time. Its also fun to have them say, “holy shit, its like it doesn’t stop pulling” <—right Jay(num482):wink:

[quote=“JuicedGT,post:54,topic:37471"”]

Thats why i said “most” pushrods. not all. nice numbers :tup:

[/quote]

Thanks, and yes, I realise you said most. I wish I could say that I did something to achieve those numbers other then walk into a Pontiac dealership and say “i want the red GTO.” :lol::lol: I know the LS1 GTO’s made more tq then hp.

125rwt and 120 whp :slight_smile: