How much do you get taxed?

My check was for $595 even, and I’m taking home $476.49. Doesn’t that seem a bit excessive? I didn’t pay taxes all last year, they kind of messed up but I owed 1g to the gov’t around tax time :2fingers: Maybe it’s karma…

Say you have a $600 paycheck. How much do you actually take home?

they say it is usally 22% of your net

my checks are for 900 between taxes, health insurance and 401K i bring home 663

That’s not even 20%.
Do you have children?
I wish I could pay only 20%.:biglaugh:

taxes?

your take home is not even what i pay in taxes.

i lose 35% from my gross to my net… no kids, filed 0 status for taxes, plus extra taken out for both fed and state, (and like $ 35 for med/dental insurance).

when company matches 401k next year, there goes a bunch more…

usually i get back 1600-1800 every year though.

22% here.

i lose around 35% after federal/state/town/BS taxes and my extra insurance taken out

40% here.

If you have deductions on your check for insurance or 401K, THAT IS NOT TAXES.:biglaugh:

You guys are saying you are losing money but you are not “losing” it.:biglaugh:

The question was/is how much do you get taxed?(401K is not a tax)

I get fucked for tax

NYC tax is BULLSHIT

+1 for I get more taxes taken out than you gross.

• I have all these cool little pre-tax benifits

My medical benifit card (benny) - $1500 a year
My 401K goes directly from my bonus
My Transit Checks - $105 a month

I forgot, some other pre tax BS. Nice to have.

I was talking to someone that moved to WNY and they used their CPA from Cali and he told them that they owned a ton of taxes.
It ended up that he was figuring taxes for NYC.
You guys get raped big time.

Yeah? Well my dad can beat up your dad.

Usually during the school year I get taxed even less of a percentage, but for students who work full time during the summer, taxes are higher.

I should actually start putting into something like a 401k…any advice?

http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=893&stc=1

NYS

If your income range is between $0 and $8,000, your tax rate on every dollar of income earned is 4%.

If your income range is between $8,001 and $11,000, your tax rate on every dollar of income earned is 4.5%.

If your income range is between $11,001 and $13,000, your tax rate on every dollar of income earned is 5.25%.

If your income range is between $13,001 and $20,000, your tax rate on every dollar of income earned is 5.9%.

If your income range is between $20,001 and $100,000, your tax rate on every dollar of income earned is 6.85%. worst fucking bracket ever

If your income range is between $100,001 and $500,000, your tax rate on every dollar of income earned is 7.375%.

If your income range is $500,001 and over, your tax rate on every dollar of income earned is 7.7%. fucking amazing right there .85% difference in tax per dollar from 20K to 502K

7.65% for SS

Most people should get 23ish% taken out of their taxable income per check

:word: x53876958235. I make salary at my internship, $22,500 a year FTL.

So you make more than $319,000 per year.
Nice income.

The earlier you start with a 401K, the better

the question is, can you afford it. Just remember, if you company matches, that’s like, free money.

Find out what the match to and try to get as close to that number as possible

and remember…ramen today means ferrari @ 60 :wink:

Although you do gotta worry about huge economic crash and inflation crushing any money you put away…

but this really applies more to older people…bet it sucks to be reitiring in CA right now after saving for 40 years and having 800K…just enough to only have to take out 500K mortgage on your dream house :lol: