Who hates taxes?

Well I know you can’t avoid them, but lately I’ve been looking at my gross/take home and this year I’ve averaged 65% take home. I have 9% going into my 401K which is a large part overall, but taxes kill me. I know it is require, so we can have the biggest, baddest army/navy/etc but I just think about if I were to receive 100% of my money. My Social Security is about 6%, Medicare is about 2%, state is about 4%, and feds about take 15%. I know that SS is supposed to be for when I retire, but I would like to see if it really is invested at all. If I keep 9% of my income in my 401K until I retire, that would mean my SS check should be about 2/3 of my 401k take out. I think i’d rather have the 6% of my money back to invest as I feel fit. I’m not too optimistic about the government making good choices with my money. O well, thats my rant for today

yep… i REALLY didnt read that… therefore im gonna shut up cause i misread taxes… :frowning:

i dont know what your complaining about…
i recieved more from federal last year than i paid in :smiley:

all you have to do is have 2 kids and not make a lot of money.
single income families FTL

I hear ya man… highly doubt we’ll ever see any kind of change in the system though

we’re paying for our retirement, yet more than likely, we wont see a single dime of it. :gotme::whip:

So true…my husband is the only one that works and we got back all we paid and then some!! Having 2 kids and collecting EIC is amazing!!

FYI did you now that the more you make in a single income family the more you get for EIC! (Earned Income Credit)

i never thought about it that way before. good point. +karma+ :tup:

well… dammit, since i agree with you :tantrum:

So you take home 76% of your pay, and get free police, fire department, probably waste removal, sewers, some maintained parks, libraries, roads, Bass Pro, a military to protect you from Bin Laden, space exploration, and protection from unsafe foods and drugs?

Sounds like a bargain to me when I think about it that way. :stuck_out_tongue:

But yeah, there probably won’t be a dime of retirement money for us. Shitty, but such is life.

i dont pay taxes

Vegas = No state income tax and low property taxes. I hate taxes too but I guess atleast I’m in a state where I don’t get banged quite as hard as some other places.

increase your trad 401k contributions and lower your taxable income… if you are right around a tax bracket threshold then :tup:

:lol:

this guy hates taxes:

http://nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34045

:lol:

dont forget about all your money that goes to three meals a day and free education for convicts

i have to pay just about $25k in taxes this year, so yes i fucking hate taxes.

401K, what the fuck is that… haha

about 1/3 of my gross goes to the government, I’m paying about $10k just to the federal government alone and im not even gunna get into school taxes. I dont understand why I’m one of the many single people out there that has to bear the brunt of the taxes and help pay for your kids when I made the choice not to propogate. Shit if I gotta help take care of you and your family I should atleast be able to get my dick wet.

I can handle the federal taxes, maybe even some of the state taxes. But what pisses me off is the way this state taxes us for EVERYTHING, then continues to waste money.

The fact I repeat over and over again, in hopes that people will eventually realize just how fucked up the leaders (Bruno and Silver) in this state are is that NYS spends more than any two other states combined in Medicaid.

So you take Texas and California, which combined have more than THREE TIMES as many people as New York (58 million vs 19 million, 2001 census) AND NEW YORK STILL OUTSPENDS THEM BOTH COMBINED!.

If that doesn’t scream that New York needs to completely scrap it’s health care system and start over, I don’t know what does.

lol
we are propigating a future tax base.

you choose not to support your govt in the future…
so… you pay now.

MOVE TO A STATE WITH NO STATE INCOME TAX… GRANTED MY LAST PAYCHECK WAS STILL LIKE 1200 IN TAXES