Tax Season 2007

Good luck to everyone this year. Make sure to spend all your money on something flashy. This looks to be my best year ever thanks to having a child.

FUCK YES!! i totally forgot about taxed this year!!@#!@#!

cant wait for that check to come in

I think I’ve got my withholdings set just right so that I should get just about nothing back. No free loan to the government from me. :tup:

i hate taxes

I lol at people who like negative interest savings accounts

I’m only getting like 300 back, which is how it should be :tup:

i should be getting about 500 back due to not working the whole year… maybe some deductions can raise that level…

anyone want to advise on deductions

I always have to pay.

I blame it on my mom. She does my taxes.

haha.

owning a house and student loan interest makes for a decent tax year

$735 back for me. I will probably end up owing the state though.

Lets see… a little over 30k in 1099 work (no tax withheld), on top of my salaried job.

Yep, I’ll be sending the government a big fucking check soon. Already sent the state 2500.

I finished mine yesterday. Didn’t owe for either. Got a bunch back.

Very nice!

I’m with you.

My situation sucks/sucked…was working 2 jobs for half the year last yesr, so I have 3 W2s…really screws up my taxes.

Usually owe like 300 to feds and 50ish to the state

u can have as many W-2s as u want…but if u work a lot of OT thats where the govt gets ya …just make sure all ur deductions and stuff on the w-4 forms are right and u should get atlest a lil but of return…and realistically the more u get back the more u actually overpaid and ur still not getting back all u overpaid…but IMO i like getting money back…i set my budget on after tax income…even though i know the GOVT is getting my money that lil extra at tax season is nice

I know I’m getting a huge chunk back, but large sum settlements tend to cause that :smiley:

Every year I laugh at the people who are all happy because they’re getting a big refund.

All that means is you paid in too much, and gave the government an interest free loan all year. Ideally you want to shoot for getting <$50 back. Paying a little bit in is good too, but if you have to pay in multiple years you can run into penalties.

The big tax refund is like the white trash loan.

I know a young couple that doesn’t save a penny, has two kids, never has any money, then is N rich when the tax money comes in, they get like 8 grand from new york.

They piss it all away on vacations and shit, and they still live in a pos apartment.

+1

I usually end up paying $100 - $200