How much should I try to get for my car???

Hey guy’s.

It looks like a sad sad day has come for me.
My wife is expecting so it`s time to give up the sports car for something… else I guess lol (no minivans haha)

I have a 1990 300ZX that I have put a lot of money into and I was wondering if any of you have any Ideas as to what I could get for it.

Here is some more info on it.
1990 Nissan 300ZX 2+2.
Wings West body kit,Stillen exhaust with x pipe , Power slot rotors, steel braided brake lines, Konig 18" rims, and new paint job.
New alternator, new radiator, and new belts.
Momo steering wheel, shifter, e-brake, and floor inserts.
White Indigo gauges, 2 way Compustar alarm and starter with shock and motion sensor(have two two way remotes with screen).
Alpine CD<MP3 deck, Alpine amp, and Alpine Speakers.
I also have a new Phoenix Gold 10 inch sub in box and an Alpine v12 amp that are not in the car but am looking to get rid of.

Never winter driven.

Its in great shape and its been appraised for $23000

Almost forgot about the KM I think its at just under 190,000KM
I’ll have to make sure when I pull it out of storage later this week.

Let me know what you think it could go for.

Thanks,
Dave

How about doing some Autotrader.ca researching. See what people are selling their 300s for. That would be your best bet.

I’ve been looking there, but it’s difficult to do when you have put mods on your car.

Some people I know say that it should sell for more because of the mods and others tell me that I should post it for less than some of the stock cars.

I’m not too sure.

I would love to help but the 1 thing NECC does not have alot of is Z’s. Maybe try the edmonton Z Club
http://www.edmontonzcarclub.com/

If you want your money back for the mods, good luck. You are better off taking the mods off of your car and selling the separately. Very rare that you will get your money back on a modded car.

I know that I wont get my money back for the mods, but I have seen some 300ZX’s with similar KM and not mods going for 5000 to 7000.
I expect to loose money (as you always do with a car), but I didn’t expect it to be that low.

I guess I’ll try asking around on the Z site.

Thanks,

The car market really isn’t that great right now. I have Lost 15,000 of my car in value in 3 years.

I would be surprised if you got more than 8kfor it.

8-10 k tops.

Modded cars sell for next to nothing.

Well I guess if that what they are going for then that’s all I can ask for.

So any suggestions as to what I should look at next?
Have to be a family car (according to the wife) SUV or 4 door
I like the 335I it’s a four door lol.

The new CRVs are awesome. I have one, no kids right now but its roomy, I love it.

Or stay in the Nissan family. I love the Rouge.

ya crv’s and rogues are even remotely close to a 335…there is nothing in the Nissan lineup with 4 doors that is remotely appealing anymore…aside from infinity.

5-7k usually gets u a rusted out 300 in bad shape. if yours is in good shape then ask 8 to 9k (I’m guessing it’s N/A).

in my experience with selling a used modified car, you wait for a while, a bunch of tire kickers come around and are like, “well, its kind of loud… bla bla bla” and then one day a young kid with money will show up, fall in love with it and give u asking price. it just takes a long time.

or you could always do a TT swap. then u would get over 12 000. although i doubt you would want to sell it after that :wink: