How screwed am I?

Okay,

I had comp insurance through gieco on my 93 delsol. It was $700 for 6 months…:jawdrop:
(just fire and theft)

I put it on the road and paid my 2 monthly payments of like 130$.
I stopped driving it so I decided to take my insurance off…but instead of being smart…i just stopped paying it.
Geico cancelled my insurance on the 1st of october. But I didn’t sell the car till the end of this month. ( the car just sat in my garage never drove it)
I never turned in my plates, I just kinda forgot too.

So I have no insurance on the plates for about a month now…If I go to the dmv to surrender the plates are they going to slap me with a fine?
If they do…do I HAVE to pay it…if I don’t what will happen.

LAST thing:
I know i’m dumb for doing this… so don’t flame me… I already know it was a stupid move.

you’re fined some dollar amount for everyday the car is on the road without insurance.

where’s dex? he knows this stuff.

8 bucks a day

well it was a year ago when i forgot to turn in my plates.

or u cant register a car for the same number of days the car didnt have INS. if u need to hurry up and have a car registered, then u need to pay. if not just wait

[quote=“dreid,post:4,topic:38094"”]

or u cant register a car for the same number of days the car didnt have INS. if u need to hurry up and have a car registered, then u need to pay. if not just wait

[/quote]

i bought a new car from a dealer and it’s on the road just fine?

It will be like $8 a day until you turn them in.After a while they WILL suspend your drivers license for x amount of days you didnt turn that shit in i think.This happened to me.Turn your plates in on Monday

i took insurance off my r6 in feb, turned the plates in early april and they said nothing, no fines, just give me your 1$ and gtfo.

Does your new car have new plates?

If so, just surrender your old plates and wait the days out. Since it won’t matter since you don’t need them anymore.

This happened to me with the Subaru. Apparently there was a 4 day lapse between having insurance on my plates when I transfered to the 2.5rs, about 4 months later I got pulled over, and since the lapse was there I got towed, ticketed, and fined. About $600 total cost and I lost my custom plates.

[quote=“ieatpaint315,post:7,topic:38094"”]

i took insurance off my r6 in feb, turned the plates in early april and they said nothing, no fines, just give me your 1$ and gtfo.

[/quote]

Motorcycles have differnt policy… you can keep your motorcycle plates w/o insurance…cars are differnt.

looks like i’ll be surrendering the plates tuesday when the dmv comes to hamburg.

^^ You have new plates on the new car right?

If so, just turn em in like in my previous post, there will be no consequences.