How to clean up an engine bay. Need your input

A while back i saw a post on how to clean all the grease off your engine and such, and with this nice weather i decided this would be a good time to do it. What would everyone recommend to help make it look all nice and new? Any input would be helpful. It doesnt have to come out looking like a show car, considering its only on a 00 Cavlier Z24, just need it looking nice and new if i decide to sell.

I’m sure Redgoober will tell you all you’ll need to know. He posted awesome before and after pictures of his Honda a few months back.

I love gunk engine degreaser, but you have to get the foamy stuff. The gel and regular suck balls. I take it to the do it yourself car wash, spray it on, let it sit for 10min or so, then hose it all off. Then I use spray tire shine on my hoses.

Wet cool engine, spray the crap out of it with Simple Green, rinse…go for a fun, spirited drive to get engine nice and toasty.

Wipe down any metal with a rag to keep it bright!

FYI: if you didn’t know, don’t get your alternator wet (well, at least, don’t soak it)

What else, distributer battery anything else? I just changed my leaky valve cover gasket so I got some cleaning to do, going to be a lot heh.

http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4229

:slight_smile:

Whenever I used to detail my engine I would just soak it w/ simple green or some heavy duty degreaser.Then start the car and hose the hell out of it.Let it run for 10 mins or so w/ hood shut to dry and then soak the hell out of it w/ Armor-all or finish 2000.Looked sweet and never had 1 prob.
D

Thanks for all the input and thanks Redgoober4life for the link to that previous thread i was lookign for! that will help me out a bunch, hopefully everything will come out looking good