How to Find Hotel on Long Trip

So soon I’ll be leaving NY for my internship in Georgia. I originally planned on doing it in 2 trips, but it seems best if I bite the bullet on a hotel and make the drive in 2 days. So I was wondering if there is a hotel finder on route for any map site (google map, yahoo, etc), or if I just have to zoom in and find a hotel midway on my route?

Thanks for any help.
Nick

http://www.google.com

There are tons of hotels off every exit on 95. Just pull over and check in.

Funny, me and Gatville made a straight shot home from Georgia in a VIPER GTS and weren’t pussies about it. It’s 18 hours. Grow a set.

I was gonna do it strait but I have shit I need to do that day after I get down there. So I’m not going to.

When you’re feeling tired, pull over, hop on a smart phone like an iPhone w/ the “Around Me” app and look for a hotel, it’ll tell you what’s close and directions. Also most GPSs have the feature as well. I’d drive as far as possible the first day, then you’ll have more time for once you get there.

This. Leave at 4:00am and haul it. I did Albany to daytona in just over 15 hours and have multiple times.

Agreed. It’s not THAT bad.

Have done NY to Tampa, FL twice without issue.

I made it to Orlando in 17 hours. Don’t be a pussy

:rofl Was going to post the same thing, stop being a vagina. ive driven 1100 miles straight, got home, got shitfaced stayed up til 3am, got up at 6 and drove another 400 miles on a different trip

Its becoming a matter of having to be 1 place on one day but getting to my place and checking in with work on the next day. By leaving early I’m able to visit friends in Jersey (lunch) and Virginia (dinner) who I would have otherwise missed by 1 day.

Found a place though, just staying with my peeps in VA.

I did Ticonderoga, NY to Tucson, AZ with one 3 hour sleep stop in Texarkana, TX. 1985 Suburban towing a Viper GTS.

My drive home is gonna be a strait drive, since I finish work the Friday before school, move into my dorm, then have class the next Monday.

Money FTW. No sleep FTL.

Old people technology/smart phone questions ITT.

I lack a smartphone and wasn’t sure if one of those map sites had a hotel locator feature, I guess not. Oh well haha

sleep in your car, its free.

That is doing some serious work.

This guy needs an iPhone (or at least a smart phone of some sort)! Go get a 3GS, they are free with 2yr agreement.

They do.

Pick a spot on your route (such as a city). Go on another Google map page…type in ‘hotels near said city’ and vwala. Profit.

Is this a serious thread?