How to fit a Porsche Panamera into an elevator

[

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:ahh](http://photos.leftlanenews.com/photos/imageresizeronfly/phpThumb.php?src=/photos/content/may2009/3080516386_37d1e021f6_o.jpg&w=900)

wow. ive had to move a giant glass table top on top off an elevator,but damn thats crazy.

what is that thing?

wtf why? :rofl

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=porsche+panamera

Porsche Panamera

From the article:

When we first saw and rode inthe 2009 Porsche Panamera, a lot of questions came to mind — none of which was whether it would fit into an elevator. But with the Shanghai auto show in full swing, sending a Panamera to the top of the city’s World Financial Center was one of the first orders of business for Porsche’s PR folks.

Granted, the elevator wasn’t of the typical human-carrying variety, but even a skyscraper’s freight elevator isn’t designed to fit a car — let alone a full-size luxury sedan. But that didn’t stop Porsche. The automaker used a specially designed rig to turn the car vertical. With only inches on either side to spare, it was almost as if the elevator was designed to fit the Panamera.
The undertaking took place on Sunday, coinciding with the unveiling of the car at the Shanghai show. The vehicle was taken to the 94th floor of the 101-storey structure, which happens to be the second-tallest building in the world. At height of 1,394 feet, the car arrived at the lowest of three public observation levels. We’re a little disappointed the car was not brought up to the famous glass-floored “Observatory Bridge,” which takes up most of the 97th floor. We can only assume the building’s engineers advised against that idea.

sexy car none the less

i love porsche but they dont seem to know how to design a car that doesnt try and have the 911 front end. they make an suv by taking a tourag and putting a 911 front end on it. then this. just not a fan.

looks like a shorter charger r/t

You all know my love for Porsche, but I agree with this completely. Porsche’s styling concepts went out the door with the advent of the 986.

Porsche’s look like Porsche’s. BMW’s look like BMW’s. Mercedes look like Mercedes. Germans=very set in their ways and don’t radically change designs within their product line. Even Audi and VW have similar facia’s (Beetle aside) throughout their product line. “Brand identity” is key with automakers. Otherwise you’d end up like Kia/Hyundai and copy everyones designs. Or Chrysler and be out of business…for gods sake GM/Ford have been going ‘retro’ for what…5 years? :slight_smile:

and dodge with their f-ing “crosshair” grill design the must implement into every damn vehicle they make :lol You’re right though, every maker has their mark.

Yea…even Dodge is getting in on the action! lol

There is a slight difference between just carrying over a grill or an entire front end

the new acura look is KILLING me with the freaking metal shield on the front of every car. it’s hideous. the tl, tsx, and that new zdx thing all have it, i think others do too i just can’t think of them off the top of my head

I love the Porsche Touareg! :lol

the what now?

The VW Cayenne. :rofl

pft haha, GOOF!