how to get 2 motorcycles to florida?

i have a trailer… my car can not make it to florida towing 1000 lbs though, so im wondering what options do i have to get the bikes to florida?

i dont think uhaul allows their trucks to be used out of the state. (pickups) and its a fortune to rent a big truck not to mention its illegal to put a vehicle in the back of one?

what other options are there?

Not baller enough to ride them? :slight_smile: haha that’d be a long ride…

its going to be 30 degrees outside for the first 500 miles lol… not to mention i dont want to resent the bike for breaking my back before i even get to ride it in florida lol

towing is the only way, besides shipping. shipping will be like $600 each way

borrow or rent a truck from a rental place

any ideas of who rents a truck that gets good gas mileage… can be driven to florida, dropped off when i get there and picked up again for the ride home?

Penske trucks are like 20 cents a mile bro.

Very expensive.

Your best bet is to borrow a buddys truck and get a pull behind enclosed trailer deal from uhaul.

trucks are ridiculous… hopefully we will have access to the family suburban… we have a trailer at our disposal… so thats not the issue… any car with a hitch that can tow 1500 lbs would be adequate… or any truck for that matter… any rental places have hitches on their dodge neons? lol

Fuck renting any kind of moving truck, they get shit ass mileage and charged per mile. If i had to go a route without my vehicle i’d look into renting a trailblazer from enterprise and rent a trailer for uhual (for a “local” move")

it was around $200 to rent a Budget truck for ~400 miles when i moved to philly

If they’ll fit in a minivan, rent one here, stuff the bikes in it, drop it in Florida. Then when you’re ready to come home, rent another minivan and do the same thing. That’ll be your cheapest way. It’ll probably still run you over $500.

None of the car rental places have hitches on their trucks or SUVs.

You’ll get better mileage stuffing them into something anyways.

weak… 500 bucks plus 400 in gas to get there and back… to much for this guy… if the suburban falls through i guess ill just fly down and forget the bikes :frowning: :tear:

What about like an econoline van?

Would a couple bikes fit in that thing?

Alot of the car rental places rent vans.

Buy a Van for $1500 locally. Load the bikes and drive it to Florida.

You can leave the van with whoever u know there and have them sell it and fly back. If you sold the bikes then make the new bike owner pay you for the cost of the van and let him sell it on his own time.

or you can drive it back.

Not true…black jesus rented a dakota and we dollied his 240 to beaver run. i know because I drove it 90% of the way. I believe it came from enterprise.

hhmm i could fit 2 bikes in a dakota as is? any idea what the cost was? do they do it by mileage?

dumb question… why not fly down and rent a bike? (if you can even do that… I’m not sure)

you COULD try hagglin with a car rental place, and then you would only have to pay per day, not for any mileage. and enterprise and whoever else rents trucks and such, just don’t tell them your driving to florida.

but you could also try making really good friends with a truck owner. if i had a truck, i’d let you take it.