How to get wheel locks off?

Being the dumbass I am. I lost my lock for my wheels. What would be the best way to attempt to get these off?

Thanks,
Sean

channel locks

ask leroy in the kill district

The problem with that is the locks are recessed into the wheel.

i have welded a nut to them then use a regular impact

3/4 socket and a BFH

Thats why you dont loose the wheel lock! lol

use a craftsmane 12pt socket that barely doesn’t fit over it. Hammer it on and remove.

depends on the wheel lock design… Some you can hammer a socket over, the ones that have the “star” design in are different. I had ones that when shipped to me they sent the wrong key, and from day 1 all I ever used was a 1/2" extension, I’ve ground down a 3/8" extension to fit in other ones before… what’s style key or locknut is it?

The screwout sockets that Craftsman make do wonders. I had to use mine on my friends stock GM 4th gen camaro locking lugs as well as a buddies Honda lugs. Any Sears should sell them, and if the sockets too big you can always return them. Just a thought before you pay someone to do it.

Why don’t you take a picture of the wheel lock so we can get a better idea of what we are working with.

Craftsman sells a secret weapon… i have them, use them a lot

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00947392000P?keyword=lug+socket

I’ve had them used on a car before… and then found the key lock later the same day, they made fast work of pulling them off

Bingo :wink:

yeah shawn use the kind pictured thats what we use at work when retards lose there wheel lock sockets

and when you get them off just use regular lug nuts i never saw the point in have locks if someone whats to steal your wheels there going to do the same thing you are to get them off