How To Go About Custom Aero?

I had this really wicked dream with what seemed to me, to be the perfect aero for an S14, company name and all for it. The only thing is, I have no idea where to start. I have been told countless times to do the things you’re passionate about in life. And as part of that, I want to explore the possibility of making custom aero. I want to look into possibly designing a custom aerokit for myself and go from there.

Anyway, I am asking SON for some guidance in this. I am not looking to just make fenders, or things like that. My interest is in going about doing up a full aero kit to get.a feel for the process, and to explore something I have wanted to do in life. Guidance as to go about this would be appreciated.

Everything starts somewhere, is there anything out there that you like and think you could improve on ? maybe just start hacking shit onto your factory bumper, or even an aftermarket bumper - same with the sides, rear, and hood if you go nuts, just remember good AERO is poly urethane, retains all factory mounting points, and FITS lol good luck dude, if you ever get big and your sh** looks sick i’ll buy some!

get out the fiberglass, cutter and welder and go crazy… maybe rent a wind tunnel and get real crazy ! whats the name you thought of BTW ?

First thing first. Draw your shit on a paper get the thoughts out. Then you need to start working on your fiberglass fabrication skills. Its alot of work but if your dedicated it will be all worth it

I have always been a huge fan of Vertex because of the clean lines. Takahiro Ueno said something that was really moving to me, “kids today are too scared to go after what they really want in life. They need to stop being afriad of pursuing what they want in life.” I am tired of not doing things that I really want to do. I figure if I take steps towards these things I will feel happier about my life-more fulfilled if you will.

The name was Dream lol. Dream Aero. It had that strange JDM name ring to it, and even translates out perfectly in a JDM way: do-ri-mu. I would never consider that kind of name conciously, and that’s why I like it. It’s something nobody would just forget. Short and simple, and perfect for Japan if it ever reached there lol.

DOOO RRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIII MOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
lol sounds like a sick plan

Look for those crazy one of a kind build threads or that crazy nsx build from Japan that was converted into a Ferrari. They use everything from that foam stuff to cardboard to create and molds and body shapes. The audio guys that also do the custom boxes and trunks posses similar techniques and skills. Start there…

Good luck

Going to be expensive :wink: hope you have money.

Yeah, that’s why I can’t rush into it. It’s not something that will happen soon, that’s for sure.

By the time it happens all of the s13’s of north america will be rotted sitting in a field / car graveyard. How is THAT for positive?!

There’s always s14’s and S15’s, and type x S13’s. We’ve got another 10 years or so before this scene goes extinct, and the 350Z becomes the new 240. I can’t draw worth shit. Foam should be relatively inexpensive. Not sure how much it would cost for the modeling clay. Gotta research that a bit. If I do most of the grunt work it shouldn’t be Junction Produce expensive.

It will be pricey and hope you don’t end up like a kit already out there or a lot less than what it cost you to make it. It can be done as we all saw with that crazy S14.

I really hope you do it. I think it would be cool. Anyways, if your serious you need to get some sketches down and maybe go to some people that are good at custom fibreglass work and ask them for help? or some input.

Feint, you should know farmer is in the works of some body stuff. Sit down with him.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=body+kit+making&search_type=&aq=7s&oq=bodykit

get a 1/18th scale model, cut the bumpers off, get 1/2 lbs of modelling clay, and get a sample/model together while your idea is still fresh and image vivd in your imagination…

^since you said your not the best at drawing…

I was planning to make some trips out and turn wrenches with him and basically learn fromnhim, but then I got wrecked by the men in blue 5 minutes away from home. I am hoping to get up there after I get this handled. I kind of got to lay low ATM and not cross paths with this persistent officer that camps out for me, for reasons unknown to me. It sucks.