how to paint?

haha, i didnt mean it literally.

im pretty good with picking up skills. Doing bondo work and such i didnt want to get into. I want what is underneath the paint to be perfect.

ive done a ton of reading and shit about paint. its do-able. it wont come out perfect, but u will be able to get the job done.

and from what i see, its all in the prep and in the finish. i think u can really save a paint job with a good wetsand and polish.

Ill be experimenting on my car this summer. Anyone is welcome to join. Even if u only wanna see what NOT to do. lol. If i fuck it up THAT badly i’ll just block all the paint off and save up for a pro job, but i think its do-able, and i’m willing to try. got nothing to lose but a couple hundred bucks in supplies and if it comes out good and i learn something in the process, then t-fucking-up. And if anyone wants to teach us and show us the ropes, we could always do so on my car. it should be prepped pretty soon

I didn’t read it, but I went to whatever the auto paint place is in rottenfester by beers of the world. They taught me everything about getting set up and I did my first shoot. It came out really good considering I was unknowingly using a shit ass regulator, and was stuck in a pretty dusty booth.

That said.

My advice?

1. Use a decent gun, and make sure the regulator and everything are working properly (gauge on gun helps).

2. Use a clean booth and wet it down before spraying (if you’ve made your own).

Other than that, its not that hard to do decently if you take your time. Its probably hard as hell to get perfect, but I had no runs or anything. I had some excessive peel in the clear because of the crappy regulator, but I laid a ton of clear so I just wet sanded it out. Oh yea, be careful wet sanding corners… heh

yeah, really easy to take ALL the clear off the corners

I’m interested in joining anyone learning/practicing paintwork this summer.

im glade i checked this.
painting the mustang this week. with not the best tools. but half way decent. \ anything will look beter then it now.

now i can ask questions. /
whats the deal with the hardners mixtures.and such.
how much clear coat?
thanks

Id really be interested in seeing someone wetsand-polish-buff out paint and see the steps and correct supplies they use. Maybe let me get hands on with my car and tell me what im doing wrong and I dont think I have the right polisher/buffer and buffing compound to do it right.