How to steal the soul of an FD - SOLD

speak for yourself jon :stuck_out_tongue:

alright, cool

I’m sure it will look nice…

X… :wink:

That swap actually improves the 50/50 ratio and adds perhaps 40 lbs to the car. I have just recently finished one of these swaps on my brothers FD. If you have any questions along the way or need a hand, gimme a call 316-8454. You seem to have all the goodies you need. You’ll need to have a power steering hose made and you’ll have to set something up for fuel as in new lines/connectors. BTW, keep the ABS if you already have it in your roller, unless you plan on making this strictly a straight line car. If you run into any issues with the wiring which you may, gimme a shout and I’ll send some info and shit your way.

uggg, I forgot his name:(

but adam(turbogto) and his friend, may know this swap and may or may not have bought heads/cam last month here:snky:

Very cool. :tup:

The wheels do look expensive.

not another one…

:tspry:

Thanks for the offer, I’m sure I’ll be stuck at some point and give you a holler. No idea about the ABS yet, but I can deal with it either way. As for powersteering, I plan on figuring something out. Apparently Hinson will sell me lines? I really want to make PS work.

ugh, i wish a company would just mill these out in FC & FD form

soooo hot

Nice purchase

damn not bad man big :tup:

So, since I’ve posted this, I remembered a couple extra things that came with the car - stainless lines and the Racing Beat rear sway - and found out that those wheels are apparently rare here and uberJDM. Stern beast faces or something, they’re 17x7.5 and 17x9. If anyone knows anything more about them, let me know!

Edit: JDM tails too, I guess.

So, even though you guys have been talking to me about it for days now, i didnt know it was an FD until right now. I had stuck in my head that you got an FC. Thats fucking awesome brent!

–mark

Hotness, although I hate red I like this much better than your German hotness you were telling me about.

you should trade me your tails then, since your making it more “usdm” :shrug:

:tup:

Aww hella naw. :shoot:

I will have some stuff for sale in a little while though. Some set of CF sideskirts, maybe JDM fog/bumper lights, not sure what else.

fuck buying overpriced kits from hinson. 700 for a cooling system !(although it is quite nice) 86 vette radiator and taurus fan, 2" steel tubing, a touch of welding and some rubber for it to sit on = 3 hours fabbing and a great 250 dollar cooling system. Their subframe is great, their turn around time on the subframe was rediculously slow.

Anyhow, Grab your stock rx-7 power steering hose (the high pressure line) and grab your gm one. Go to Ferry Hydraulic on walden near transit and have them take the gm top part and the rx-7 bottom part and tell them the length you want. ask for 3000 psi hose and they’ll hook it all up for ya. You’ll probably have to cut the little hook off the bottom part as the something gets in the way if you try to mount it at the original angle (I think it was a piece on the subframe). They’ll charge you around 40 for the hose all crimped :slight_smile: The other line is low pressure so no worries there. You also may want to cut the spring a little bit inside the gm power steering pump as the rx-7 rack was designed for 1200 psi and the gm pump pushes around 1700 I believe. So your steering is overly easy and cutting that spring will bump down the pressure a bit for a better feel.

I agree, Hinson is very overpriced, but they have a lock on the market. I’m definitely glad that I got all their nice parts but even more happy that I wasn’t paying their insane prices for em.

As for PS, unfortunatley I don’t have anything related to it. The PO wasn’t going to run it, so I don’t even have the LS1 PS pump. Also, can’t I get an inline pressure regulator/limiter. I’d rather fix the pressure like that than cut a spring.

This set up reminds me of the black and white cookie…a cookie to relieve all world racial tension (see Seinfeld). Import and domestic fans can usually all can find some appreciation for this set up, to some point at least.

And while I am not a particular fan of lsanythings, I am also a little terrified of the many oddities of what is the rotary engine.

Either way, the end result performance wise, is pretty staggering with those motors in the RX7.

Best of luck, can’t wait to see it in action.