HOW TO TAKE OFF BRAKE DUST ON RIMS

here’s how I did it:

1. get an empty spray bottle (I used a cleaned bottle of Lysol)

2. Fill up that bottle with kerosene (don’t worry, unless you smoke while you’re working with it, you’ll be safe)

All you do is get some steel wool or a brass brush (is that what they’re called?) from CT and spray on the kerosene to your rims (don’t worry if it’s aluminum, it’ll be safe) then just scrub the brake dust with the steel wool or the brass brush and after that, just rinse down when you’re done.

It really works, did that when I was cleaning the brake dust off of the front alum rims on my Stanza :slight_smile: :wink:

ok guys im gonna blow ur mind. i work at the ontario motor sales in oshawa, we get ALOT of drums with asbestos (brake dust) and its all over everything. NOW we use ACDelco parts. what we use to clean is brake parts cleaner (full name is Non-Chlorinated Brake Parts Cleaner). this stuff will literally (and im serious) clean any and ALL stains, in any shape or form. no matter what it is, its so powerful it will clean it right off. its specially made to clean asbestos, and with the dust on it you dont even haveto rub it off in most cases, it jsut picks it up and it just becomes liquid and goes away. i use it on everything! even to wash my hands. But buyer beware, makes you hands VERY dry, and it will really hurt ur eyes if it gets in them, AND its flammable

Last year, my rims (gun metal with polised lip) got RAPED by rust from brakes. It was the pain-in-the-ass stuck-on melted metal kinda rust.
I tried everything, but under someone’s advice (Gonad?) I used CLR.

WORKED BEAUTIFULLY

I only have one piece of advice, if have polished lip, use a toothbrush, and be VERY VERY careful, one of my lips are scratched to hell now because I did not realize how easily a wool pad would have scratched it.

In Short…CLR FOR THE WIN.

oh www.240sxforums.com. some dude was asking about how to remove the black crap off the bumper that the exhaust leaves behind. ppl were saying this product will do this…and so on. but one guy stated that D-40 has some sort of chemical that relates to cleaning solutions. so he tried it and it takes the shit off right away. i’m going to try that on my rims too…mine are freakin ugly. the break dust settled there for a long time, but it wasnt my fault. it was like that when i bought it. i’ll try it out righ tnow and post if it works or not.

doesn’t seem to really work.lol