HOW TO TAKE OFF BRAKE DUST ON RIMS

does anyone know how to take off brake dust off on rims?? please dont say just use a soap and water b./c i tried almost everything, ,

the brake dust is all bulid up on the rims

let me know how you did it thanx

The best thing I found it by Orange Lightning and its there wheel cleaner.

Its in a Clear Orange bottle with a Black Nozzle.

You can buy it at CT.

yea man i just bought that too

i dont think its that great though ,

how bout any acid’s or anything

Why not try Sulpheric Acid on it?

That will always work…

Your going to have to put some elbow grease into claning rims, especially
after the brake dust hasnt been cleaned in a while. If you stay ontop of it
and clean it regularly then your fine with just spraying and rincing but if
you have build up your going to have to scrub it you lazy fancy pants.

yea i no , , b/c its just bad on the left rear rim b/c i think my calipers are leaking

^^^ wire brush eh thats a great idea not,

best thing to use for break dust build up is go to crappy tire and buy any rim cleaner like the simonize stuff and spray it on the rims let it sit then scrub it with one of those pads your mom uses in the kitchen to scrape crap of plates when shes washing them that pad works amazing then all you do is rinse and the rim looks new, ive being doing this for a while and it works great.

this is my stock aluminum rims on my golf which are about 10 years old and are original

http://members.rogers.com/layz/15a.jpg

Go to CT and get Eagle One MAG Etching Cleaner. That stuff is awsome. It doesn’t matter if they are Mag or not. Iv used it on painted wheels, chrome, aluminum and it works fine. Just make sure not to leave it on too long.

What I usually do is spray all the wheels with it, then go back to the first wheel I sprayed and get a strong bristled brush and scrub in the little nooks with it then just rinse it with the hose. They come out like new every time.

kk thanx fella’s

ill try  that   thanx  

and by the way what do u guys think of icon rims?? i belive the model is icon 65 or 64 , they are the ones that the guys use in signal but copy cats

apc= american Rice

Actually APC = American Products Company

If your rims are polished don’t take wire brushes or hard bristles or other stuff … this will definetly scratch aluminum.

Just get some foamy rim cleaner and let it soak in for a while then scrub away with something soft. The best way to deal with this is clean them often and don’t let it sink in in the first place.

P21S and a toothbrush works for me.

I use this liquid from a company called Diamond Magic they supply dealeships and profesional detailers with car cleaning products. It is called Rim Acid and you spray it on and then wash it off after 60 seconds and you leave it on it will kill your rims so it’s important you don’t leave it on for more then 60 seconds. Any way you could look up Diamond Magic I think they have a store that’s open to the public where you can buy this Rim Acid, it works like a charm, no scrubbing , no rubbing spray on wash off. You could also look up a company called Car Bright they should have it too. Oh yeah when you are spraying it on do not inhale trust me it will screw up your lungs and if you get it on your skin wash it right away, ware goggles and gloves and if you get it on your clothes they are ruined, other then that this stuff is the best!

Ok here is what I am doing on my teardrops

1. Brake cleaner and steelwool - you use this on the actual inner parts of the teardrops since it won’t harm the already rough surface. Spray the brake cleaner on the steelwool and rub it in there it will remove the dust in a second.

2. I am then going to get the outer facing area of the teardrops polished by wet sanding them down and using a jewlers rouge to get them to be polished aluminum.

What is a jewlers rouge?

toothbrush omg yea and scratch ur rims… just use brake cleaner and a soft rag , referrably a cotton t shirt or sumthing

once u get the cleaned the way u want them . try putting some car wax on to the rims. that will make it a lot easier to clean off the next time round cuz the dust will wipe right off with the wax.

what i use is radiator fast flush i works really well , I work with chemicals so I have tried many different products and that seemedto work the best

Dont post in capitals… how many times do you have to be told?

There’s an awesome grease I use for my rims. It’s called “Elbow Grease”. Hard to find nowadays…