How to tell if axle is bent?

anka’s on erie blvd balances them, good people too

you mean
Ancas Foreign Auto Parts

1401 Erie Blvd

Schenectady, NY 12305

• (518) 374-3705
    he’s right tho AWESOME GUYS!.. there place looks like a pile of shit but they do work… does hunt’s do it? adam?

albany universal in menands does it cheap and awsome to …they can build ya a d/s if needed i used for my 93 camaro and took what i threw at it

Where in menands is that place?That would be easier to get to as i can drop the shaft off while im working.

Broadway
If I remember right its by Kimberly Scott office furniture

They do the speed balancing cause when im done with this i dont want 1 vibration.lol

right on broadway near the dog …yes they do speed balancing

Our balancer is not setup to balance drive shafts as a whole. I can do small sub sections from a multipiece when they are broken down(subaru, evo, etc) but it’s not something I do on a regular basis and isn’t really worth the time.

holy shit superman has a weakness:lol

Finally had the axles looked at and they are bent.Bad.The runout on the drivers side was .0368 and passanger was .0247.Runout specs call for .002-.005 Called the dealership and they wanted 536 an axle,so i called moser and for 285+ shipping they are sending me new ones.

mosher FTMFW!!.. who looked at them… or did you do it yourself?

Really.I already texted you that my fatherinlaw and his friend who owns a shop in did it with the dial indicator.

you never texted me they had the dial indicators… you just said they were taken it apart

hahahhaha.i was texting in the rain.My bad bro

UPDATE!!!.

Axles are in,took it for a cruise and not one vibration,Still think driveshaft could use a speed balance cause everytime i bounced off the gov it seem to shutter.I also added bilstein front struts,trimmed bumpstop,doestch tech rear shocks and it handles so much better.To bad its raining again or id be cruising.Thank you guys for all your help,When i can get some time lined up ill look into tru trac/gears.

had a smoked axle ha ,no shit was it one or both ? glad ya got it

It was both.wasnt the shaft but at the hub.You could spin in your hand and see it.Feels like a totally different truck now.On the way home id hit a bump/ road groove and see the bed moving and id get pissed but then it went away and just realized it was a bump.All in all im glad it is done.The driver side was worse but for the price i figured id just replace both.

yeah the hub end,s do bend ,ya didnt do stock did ya ? aftermarket are way stronger and cheaper

Got 2 of them from Moser,even with overnight shipping they were still cheaper than 1 stock axle the dealer wanted.(536 for one.)