How-to: Upgrading S13 seat bolsters (*pics* + article)

I’m sure many of you have done this, but for those that haven’t,
here’s a small article I wrote up on how. I took advice from FrEaK (Bob)
and decided to try it myself one Sunday afternoon.

Basically it involves adjusting the existing side bolsters of the
S13 cloth seats, so it hugs you more.

As ghetto as it may look, it works. Here’s the article (which contains the pics):

http://240sx.cubicdesign.com/article2.php

Thanks to Marc (SHIFT_sideways) for the $30 seat. :mrgreen:
Consider him :owned: (cuz he bought it for $50 from bing). I am the winar.

could this be done to the thigh bolsters?

in my opinion this is a great temporary fix to our crappy seats. After a while this will wear out. U gotta remeber there is only foam there. Building up the foam higher with foam piping will wear out the seat foam from constant pressure. Couple track days and it will be ruined. The foam needs support of some sort, like a metal bar built into the seat.

Racing seat is only permanent fix.

Sorry to be a prick on the subject. Still a great job tho Gonad! Really good idea!

The bottom ones are called Bolsters and the side ones are called Lumbar Supports.

I’ve already spent too much on the car and I don’t think I want to jump
into buying a race seat that will probablly cost me good $300-$500.

I’ll save that for 2005. For 2004, this seat will do. And if all else fails,
I will drive naked on my leather seats. :shock:

uh i know how to weld enough to add in a metal bar for support, so instead of the foam tubing, i can get like piping and shit real cheap if not for free ^_^. And if worse comes to worse i could cram some more foam in there hehehe

thats proper method, but I dunno what your going to weld too

i could just make a new seat frame or something, might not be as light, unless i use some metal thats light. lol, hmm now that i think about it, that might be a fun project to do :slight_smile: