How VTEC actually works

Here’s the specs on one of the naturally aspirated Mugen V8 race motors. Lots of rumors of that the replacement for the NSX will be sporting a street version of this set-up. 400hp and 250+ tq out of a 4.0 would defintely be doable.

Mugen MF408S engine
Debuting in the 2002 ALMS (American Le Mans Series), this 4 liter V8 engine has seen action every year since then. In 2004, it was used in the JGTC Series by the VEMAC RD408R GT500 class racing machine.

Specs for the MF408S in the VEMAC RD408R

Layout: 90 degree V8 Naturally Aspirated
Displacement: 4000cc
Horsepower: 590hp / 9500rpm
torque: 383lb/ft / 7500rpm

Also, theres some pics on this page of the engine above fitted into a Japanese Legend (aka Acura RL in the US)

http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=319284

don’t bring that bullshit in here. you don’t want shit started well don’t start it

thank you sir. but anyways that Mugen looks sweet. sadly i have never heard of any of that before do you think that we could expect to see something similar adopted in a few years by some of the major motor companies (again im not sure if i stepped on any toes there but ill bask in my ignorance). could you imagine hearing about the 2020 vette with over 1000hp out of a v6? ok thats probably exaggerating a bit but it fun to hope. hell thats if we will still use internal combustion engines then anyways. ok i havent had any sleep in over 30 hours im starting to ramble. ok bye

Heard rumors about an s2000 CR (Club Racer) version coming out in late '07 that is supposed to be a tweaked F22 that is already in the s2000, maybe a big break kit?

breaks are brakes are breaks?

that would be brakes

I didn’t know temple of vtec was still around… i remember when that first started.

From Vtec.net

Club Racer-Inspired Honda S2000 CR Prototype to Debut at New York International Auto Show
Date: March 13, 2007 13:43
Submitted by: Jeff
Source: Honda Press Release
Credibility Rating: Not Specified

3/13/2007 - TORRANCE, Calif. -

A new club racer-inspired version of the Honda S2000 will take the legendary vehicle’s track-worthy performance to an entirely new level when it makes its world debut at the New York International Auto Show on April 4, American Honda Motor Co., Inc., announced today. Engineered around the expectations and needs of Honda performance enthusiasts, the S2000 CR will be available as a new trim level when the aggressively-tuned vehicle goes on sale in the fall of 2007.

Basically its probably going to be nothing more than a lightweight package, kinda like a EVO RS. Somewhere between 100-150lbs weight reduction and maybe a stiffer suspension. Brakes on a AP2 S2000 work so damn well I can’t imagine them putting even bigger brakes on it. Motor might get a slight rise in power, but I wouldn’t hold your breath. I guess it we’ll see it during the debut in a week or so.