How cool is VTEC?

Its the F#cking awesomest. Its not reinventing the wheel, but it gives you the best of both worlds. Fuel economy and mad power up top where u need it and want it the most. I’m surprised more cars don’t have it. Does Honda have a paten on it so no one else can make it? I would have thought for sure someone would have reverse-engineered it by now and started using it too.

Why don’t more companies make VTEC? (Besides obviously Honda is far superior to all of them)

:tup:

100th post too, Dayum!, do I get a cuztom title now?

this is why people hate honda drivers.

A lot of companies have variable valve timing.

that said, you fucking suck. SHUT UP ABOUT HONDAS, THEY ARE NOT THAT FUCKING COOL.

Subaru, toyota, BMW all have variable cam timing.

I seriously hope your kidding

account hacked?

I hope Subaru uses it some day.

:tdown:

lol, every post from civicjim sucks.

VVT-i
Vanos
VTEC
VarioCam
AVC-R
etc

i dont think so, he is always babbling about his civic and how it’s super fast and hondas are the best etc.

No but you do get a spot in my sig

OMG vtec RULEZZZZZZZZZZZZ

My Ls1 even has it, i did the vtec/cam mod… the car is a piece of shit below 3500 rpm’s

Yes they are. All you have to do is look at how many are on the road. Every other car around here is a honda, that just shows how many smart people are out there. Look at the quality and resale. Honda ownes in resale value!

That’s interesting, alittle googling shows GM came up with and patented the concept.

Fuck, even pushrod motors have variable cam timing now. yawn

ughhh ban

Why don’t you like me? I’m pretty cool. I never did anything to you… I don’t even know you or yiou me for that matter. I can’t help it if I’m smart cuz I own a Honda.

:fry:

heh, no shit

wonder if it has anything to do with that 4-6-8 caddillac back in the 70’s (or should I say, derived from it)

Even if this were true, all it shows is how many people are interested in a gutless economy car.

That said, i call BS on this thread.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/211/498395686_74bd9674db.jpg?v=0

http://www.dubspeedracing.com/photopost/data/890/vtec_motiv.jpg