HSBC, Suzuki credit, tittle, lien release experience?

Alright, topic has been brought up before, I have a new twist on this failure of a bank. HSBC/Suzuki credit, bike purchased in CT, moved to NY, moved in the state once or twice. Owe a couple hundred on the bike, need to pay it off to sell bike when money is exchanged. CT holds your title, moved into NY and HSBC almost REFUSED to send me even a copy so I could even register the thing in the state. Now they’re saying (just got off the phone with 2 supervisors) that I need to go back to the dealer b/c they have the title? It’s in a neighboring state, wtf good is that? Then the story changed b/c the dealer submitted my old house’s address. How could they have predicted I was going to move to NY and buy that house? I don’t know. I’ve never received a paper title, am I going to have to submit for a replacement title to get one? Then wait up to and including 30 days for a letter of release? I’m glad these idiots are going out of business.

Anyone dealt with these incompetent fools @ HSBC?

title.

other than that i have no advice.

Noted.

I was in a similar situation when I bought my R. Dude owed money and I was using my money to pay it off and get the car.

His bank held the title not him, so I went with him to the bank and paid off the loan with him. We were told that now that it was paid off the title would get mailed to him and he would have to sign it and foreword it to me.

The bank said that they could have expedited the title for like 60 bucks and he would have gotten it in 2-3 business days. but because I paid with a check it was going to take 2 weeks for it to get processed and released from the DMV anyways so I did that. Sure enough abut 2 weeks later he got it and he mailed it to me shortly after that.

Hopefully that was at all helpful

We’re going to try that today once he get’s his Ins. card, I swear only the mentally handicapped with no communication skills (lacking a solid foundation of the spoken language) or knowledge of the task at hand are hired for customer service. /rant but I digress, we’ll get this done, and then the new owner can FSU.