Huge Fire Over Buffalo?

[quote=“chino,post:39,topic:29245"”]

Yep, I saw the chemical explosion as I drove up. Could have a perfect view from the 198 of it, traffic was insanity.

Just as we started driving up (we came down military) we hit military and amherst which was the only city block between the building and us we saw this massive fireball go up I am not sure how high it went but it was towering. We parked and walked up to check it out but the view from that side sucked. Ended up driving around to the 198 and could see it very well, and could see what room had exploded, it was a smaller part of the building my guess is it is where the gasses were stored because it was blown the fuck up…

All in all, was totally not worth the traffic though lol

Oh and on the way into work this morning I drove past it on the 198 - they are still spraying it down

[/quote]

I was on Danforth & Bradley on the other side of it when the Fireball went up… pretty cool.

josh, thats BBI’s building…our competitor

sucks though…i guess… :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyone besides me find it odd that none of the news stations have even questioned the possibility of health effects from breathing in smoke from a chemical fire, where it appears no one is even sure what burned?

[quote=“JayS,post:43,topic:29245"”]

Anyone besides me find it odd that none of the news stations have even questioned the possibility of health effects from breathing in smoke from a chemical fire, where it appears no one is even sure what burned?

[/quote]

Under the rug Jay, under the rug.

It’s buffalo. It’s just general assumption that any industrial fire is burning an unhealthy chemical.

So is there something mad siq on the first page that keeps freezing my internut exploder?

[quote=“BikerFry,post:45,topic:29245"”]

So is there something mad siq on the first page that keeps freezing my internut exploder?

[/quote]

Mine sits a long time trying to download www.reflectstudios.com/sig.jpg, which is Dos’s broken sig, but it doesn’t lock up IE.

Last night i was in riverside at Melissa’s grandma’s wake…less than a mile from there, and it was insane…black smoke billowing (sp?) from the building for hours…

On the way home from the wake, we took the 198, which goes right next to the warehouse/storage building where the fire was…and traffic wasn’t bad, just a little slow because like us, everybody just wanted to stare a bit…and what an incredible sight it was up close.

There were at least 10 or so firetrucks surrounding the building…it looked like they had most of the fire isolated to a side of the building that was only like 4 or 5 stories tall…and the 10+ story tall looking half of the building seemed to be untouched at the time…and they had a few of the ladders on the firetrucks fully extended…i had no idea how tall those things were…pretty crazy…seeing busts of orange fireballs shooting out of a completely black cloud…

I saw the smoke from rice rd exit on the 219 that was like 40 some miles away

[quote=“JayS,post:43,topic:29245"”]

[/quote]

This is the only thing I’ve heard about them doing anything. Taken from the buffalo news link on the 1st page.

A shift in the wind sent the smoke across the Niagara River to Fort Erie, Ont., where residents bombarded the fire department with calls. Officials there are monitoring air quality.

^^ i seen it from sheridan and elmwood i thought it was a bomb explosion…i thought aww this cant be good.

quite a few years ago, that was a police impound across from the old wally bobecks strip joint lol.

it Was plastic burning, And the Fire ball was from Propain tanks.

Was there for a Minute before I went to work! CRAZY traffic!!!