HVAC tech info????

Hey guys, im looking into the HVAC trade and was wondering if anyone has some insight they would like to share. Anyone who is currently in the process or is a tech or even knows someone who is a tech, any info would be great.

Ive been looking at mohawk college for this course. Ive had mixed info about there 2 year course tho. Some say you need to be an apprentice and others say just to sign up. There is also a private school that offers the HVAC certificate in 5 months. So how is that mohawk takes 2 years and these guys take 5 months? Ive heard nothing but good news about both colleges (mohawk and niagara skilled trades acadamy). I also have a friend who took the 5 month course and is now hired with a reputable company.

Ive googled and read a few course guides so please dont tell me to search. Im looking for first hand experience, not some article on google.

any info is greatly appreciated…

5 months to become certified?! bullshit, you need 9,000 hours to become certified. Best bet is to start an apprenticeship.

I’m currently in the same boat as yourself. My buddy is a 3rd year apprentice making 28/hr. So its definatley a good choice.

what path did your buddy take? what school, courses and such???

here is the link to the private school. I dont mean full out certified but this school gives you the same certificates in 5 months that mohawk gives you in 2 years

http://www.getatrade.com/

sorry to bump the shit out of this thread but hostys_13, where is your buddy working? and for whom?