HVCC Fall 2009

was it black with airhorns on top?

It was black, didn’t catch if it had airhorns on it or not.

Good morning, faculty, staff, and students:

Plans continue to move forward for the President’s visit to campus on Monday and the following advisory will provide some details about how you should prepare for what will be a very busy day on campus.

The President will visit campus on Monday morning to deliver a talk on the importance of community colleges to economic recovery. He will be accompanied by Dr. Jill Biden, the wife of the Vice President. Dr. Biden also is a faculty member at a D.C.-area community college.

This will be a small, invitation only event held in the Williams Hall automotive lab. The President also will tour some of the facilities within the Williams/Cogan Hall complex. The White House is handling the ticketing for the event. There will be no public tickets available. There will be no parking on campus available for the general public.

While we had hoped that the White House would envision this as a larger event with more student, faculty and staff involvement, we understand and respect the logistical and security concerns that they are working within. It’s an honor to have the President of the United States on our campus and highlighting the outstanding work we do here.

Please consider the following:
All faculty, staff and students should be sure to bring their up-to-date college ID to campus on Monday and display their parking sticker or hang tag in the proper location when parking.

Please be prepared for numerous road closures around campus throughout the morning. Public Safety officials, including the Secret Service and members of the local law enforcement community, will be blocking off Williams Road early Monday morning. There will be no access to campus through Williams Road for the majority of the day, except for media satellite trucks, which will be allowed to park in J-lot.

If you are scheduled for classes in Williams or Cogan Hall during Monday morning, check with your professor regarding class rescheduling or relocation.

A security perimeter will be established around Williams and Cogan throughout the morning and a checkpoint for vehicles will be created on South Road near the baseball stadium. The following parking lots will be closed – E lot, J lot, H lot and K lot.
Students, staff and faculty are encouraged to arrive early on campus to secure parking. The normal overflow lot behind the former Country Grove Restaurant will be available. Further overflow parking has been arranged on an as-needed basis.
Please recognize and follow the directions of all law enforcement officers on Monday, including members of the college’s Public Safety Department and representatives from the Troy, North Greenbush Police departments, New York State Police, Rensselaer County Sheriff’s Department and the federal Secret Service.

There will be a live Web stream of the President’s visit available at www.hvcc.edu/obamavisit and it can also be viewed in classrooms, in the Maureen Stapleton Theatre, the Bulmer Telecommunications Center Auditorium and on the BTC lobby video wall, as well as on the digital display monitors on campus.

Drew

Damn, and I was looking forward to attending his speech. Oh well.

i will most likely not be attending class monday due to the vehicle search, if i did go i would get arrested and all of my guns would be taken away. FUCK THAT!

I’m not sure whether or not I am going to take the car or the bike. Or if I am even going to bother coming to my morning class.

I have to go to public speaking though in the afternoon, I missed enough of that already due to my surgery.

They are searching EVERY vehicle?? Fuuuuck that. My teacher is goin in on Sun night to sleep in her office for classes monday, dumb as fuck!!

O B A M A ! !

yeah thats what our building codes teacher told us…if its true traffic will be insane!

That and they are shutting down the bridge and streets when he rolls in… GHEY

You’re all idiots for believing these rumors. They’re not searching cars. They’re not shutting down bridges. Look above for road closures. You need your ID to be physically present on campus and a parking sticker to have a car on campus.

thats another reason why im not going, i have neither:ninja

Youre a retard if you think they arent shutting down the bridge when the motorcade comes through… Think mang!!

They’ll be coming from i90, not 378.

Their route isnt 100% yet, and you really think they are actually going to gove people a detailed description of the exact way they are taking?

It’s not rocket science. They’re coming from Albany International Airport. Quickest and most direct route from there to HVCC would be to take the highway.

EXCUSE me for questioning your logic, sir.

You silly goose. Whatever you think :lol

Fuck this, I’m going to Bogies.

I’m almost positive they’d take I-87 to I-90…That’s exactly what they did when VP Joe Biden came to Shenendehowa High School, all direct highway routes to the destination. Plus, they like to travel as fast as possible, and taking 378, up the hill would be dumb.

fuck class, I’m going dirtbiking tomorrow instead

fuck class, im going to MD tomorrow instead!!