Hybrdthry911's Acura Integra build

mike are you back in the area now?

sweeeeet

Mike has always been half ass back in the area

got my block back.

Beauty!! Nice bud.

looks like shes ready to hold 650whp… make it happen.

She is ready to hold 800+whp. Not with this setup obviously

hence why i said 650 :wink:

looks great

oooooo look at my pretty block in the background. why did you leave yours ugly mike? lol jp

cuz i spent the money on making it stronger not prettier like yours.

:number1

Ha ha burned

i did both. i just dont have a fancy turbo lol.

just ordered my rods. decided to go with pauter rods over the eagle rods so i can spin the motor a bit higher than i would have felt comfortable with the eagles.

Pauter x beams, nice choice.

If your nervous about throwing a rod at RPM, call Pauter and ask them to spec out a set with ARP L-19 vs the ARP 2000 rod bolts. It’s typically the rod bolt that’ll let go on a high rpm motor. Little bit more money but also a little bit stronger. I don’t really build Honda motors here so I don’t know what bolts specs and dimensionality are. Most rod manufactures that use ARP hardware have proprietary bolts made by them, and are fasteners that ARP doesn’t list in their normal catalog so you’d have to call Pauter and ask them specifically. Unless that is if they used a common existing ARP fastener for that particular rod.

Don’t have to listen to me as you guys do way more Honda work than I would ever get into myself. Just a suggestion. You may have already chosen this route and look at this post as redundant :slight_smile:

Good info. Never thought of doing that

Most people never would require the extra tensile strength and clamp loading of L-19 over the standard 8740, so most rod manufacture just specify the ARP 2000 hardware but offer L-19 as an option for those who would require it/prefer it. I don’t know about Pauter, haven’t used them in a couple years for a build but they always came with 2000 for fasteners back then. Might be different now.

they use arp 2000 3/8" bolts same size and alloy as the ones used in the eagle rods maybe even the same exact bolt, they used to have their own rod bolts not sure when they switched. they offer an upgrade to the arp 625 alloy for something stronger, tensile strength similar to the l19 but offers higher resistance to corrosion and such. im not too worried about the rod bolts at this point, it was more of the rod itself. i had great results on my last motor with these rods and rod bolts spinning 9300rpm everyday and 9500 at the track. stick with what works.

back when eagle used the 5/16 rod bolts they use to come apart all the time but since they switched to the 3/8 bolts i havent heard of many problems. i dont think they originally thought hondas were gonna make any power to need bigger than 5/16 lol.

They never use to make much power