Hydra Brake OR Line Locker ? ? ? ? ?

Well have been thinking about this lately of going the route of a hydra ebrake setup for the initial sliding and angles for drifting but have been approached by a friend with the idea of trying line locker instead…

I have done the research for both products and I know there is some pros and cons for both but I decided to toss up this topic to see what the fellow members think of the options and what your opinions are of this.

2 totally different things dude - why not get both ? hydro e brake is sick for 100+ km drifting, and a line lock is for burnouts and such, dropping the clutch at 8000 rpm and hoping on the brake isn’t great for the car , it holds fluid in the front brakes locking them so you don’t have to, and its easy to install on our cars too - it makes it a lot easier to do 2nd and 3rd gear burnouts if you choose to do so lol

Sorry forgot to make this clear earlier the line locker would be instead of the hydra ebrake and would be installed on the rears aswell.

I know I was just wondering would the line locker work as an ebrake when the button is pressed instead of using a hydro ebrake which is 3-5 times the price LOL.

hydro e brakes are 150 to 250 dollars - a line lock i think ranges from like 80 or 100 bucks im not too sure… but if your building a drift car and your looking at parts like a line lock or a hydro e brake, you get what you pay for, and its not like they are expensive anyway - i wouldn’t waste your time using a line lock as an e brake… a good set of hawk hp+ pads and decent rotors work well … i didn’t think they would work, until i tried them myself… no issues with locking the wheels at any speed - just IMO

Plus, pushing a button on the fly for an e brake sounds ridiculous haha, what about those situations where you are loosing your angle and a clutch kick or steering adjustment isn’t possible ? push the button ? lol located where, on the steering wheel ? it would have to be or else you would be reaching for it on the dash or somewhere way out of reach, it just sounds too difficult to me i would stick to something common and proven -

I was just thinking of the line locker as I could install the button on the top of the shifter and would be super easy as just pushing the button as I was entering the corner and out she goes but not sure yet. I have never used an ebrake for drifting just the good old weight transfer but am thinking they like entering sideways and seems some people can do better with it but I am still up in the air…

well what ever you choose to do post up picks and show it off, button on the shifter sounds a little odd, but if that works for you then go ahead ! how much power do you have in that drift car of yours ? Using the e brake can really slow you down

well right now I am unsure of how much power, I started last year with stock ka24de and this year went to a built ka24det setup.

jim wolf ecu with 550 injectors.
I am redoing the whole setup this winter to allow for less issues but all in all it runs good.

Still new to the scene and hoping to hit more track days next year for more practise just its 5 hours driving one way to get to shannonville for me to play and get practise LOL

eh lone lock is uses un drag cars for burnouts you depress the brake pedal and hit the switch then undepress the pedal the front brakes in the car will still be applied but the back brakes will be free …the hydra ebrake is basically a pump lever attacked between the brake master and the rear brakes when u pull it it applies the rear brakes only this is what i have been told dont flame me for it

The two aren’t interchangeable, they work differently. If you were to put a line lock in your rear brakes and activate it while driving nothing would happen. It would just stop your rear brakes from working when you push the pedal next.

You would have to push the brakes to the point of locking all for wheels, then activate the line lock, let go of the brakes, then release the line lock when you’re sideways. It seems a bit ridiculous to me.

i have a hydraulic line lock on my brake setup its garbage for what you want get a hydro ebrake dont be a cheap ass

A line lock would not work, like simplemind said you need to depress the brake pedal and then press the button all the line lock does is stop the brake fluid from going back to the reservoir keeping the front or back section (what ever you have it hooked up on) pressurized. You can’t just press the button and lock the wheels. Hydro e brake is your only option…:/:

Ok see this is what I was hoping for was to eliminate one for sure so I guess that hydro brake is the way to go.

Thanx for the help soners

LOL I ain’t just seeing what my options were and going from there how about you keep your dumb ass stupid remarks to your self ! ! !

:blah::blah::blah:

^and he wonders why he gets flamed…

AGREED

err how is my comment retarded? He asked whether to go for a line lock or hydro ebrake. I told him I have one and that its going to be useless for him as someone explained what it does. You then ATTACK me to keep my ‘useless comments’ to myself?

What a dumbass (all of you). Most of you don’t HAVE a hydro ebrake or a line lock.

And what the hell does “I ain’t just seeing what my options were” mean? English please?

Dumbasses, sorry for interfering with your great choices. PLEASE forgive me for insulting your intelligence when you ask whether to go with a line lock or a hydro ebrake for drifting. Maybe I should say don’t ask stupid questions and be a cheap ass because it’s “3-5 times the price”? Good luck!

Sorry forgot to put the " , " after ain’t
I didn’t mean your whole post I was meaning you refering me to a cheap ass as you don’t know me or know shit about me so keep those comments to yourself…

where can i get a hydro e brake ?

Well i know you can get them off ebay they are running about 250 plus after all done and said with exchange and fees

someone on here might have them for sale aswell.