Hydro E Brake

Hey guys, I just have a question im new to the drifting scence and was wondering how a hydro e brake works such as the MAX Hydro E Brake, does it just act as a e brake or does it serve a differnt purpose? Thanks alot.

just works as an e-brake but uses hydroloic fluid (your brake fluid) instead of cables.

oh ok so then it would eleminate your stock handbrake? sorry if that sounds retarted lol.

yessir

ok cool man, thanks alot!

No. it doesn’t eliminate it… it just works on a different premise.

most of them just tap in to your rear brake line, before the tee. There is no interferance with your stock ebrake.

As I have found, stock ebrake adjusted properly… with good pads (after the pads have warmed up) works ALMOST as well as a hydraulic one. The large benifit in the hydro one, is that it feels more like a brake pedal. You can vary the pressure applied, and that same force is directly applied to the pad. I.e. you can do a 50% pull to slow momentum, or regain a nose-heavy weight transfer.

Just my .02 as someone that has installed/used them in previous cars.

Wow man thats awesome! thats everything i wanted to know. Do you think it would be worth running on a street car thats would be getting daily driven?

^^ I doubt there would be any real benifit with running it on your daily driver.

It would be really stupid to run that on your daily driver. Go watch more JDM Option videos.

Isnt it illegal to run a hydro-ebrake in a plated car?

if you havent changed your rear brake set-up on an s-chassis it seems as tho hydro e-brake is completely unneccesary.

apparently some/most will stick/give weird feedback if you hit your floor brake and your ebrake at the same time.

This is quoted from another forum.

also, i believe avery is running a hydro ebrake.

It shouldn’t be illegal if you still have your factory cable e-brake unmodded.

avery is running one, but the car has not come out yet haha. So i cant really comment on how it works, looks cool tho.

Thanks for the helpful advice to new members.

I ran a hydro ebrake on my RICER DD… it worked well. I never had any issues with the pedal feeling weird, or it sticking. I kept everything pretty fresh, aka fluid/lubricating the moving parts on the ebrake/etc… but really, there isn’t TOO much that can go wrong. I don’t nessicarily condone it, but it worked for me.

Granted, my daily driver was my daily drifter… so it wasn’t exactly useless.

EDIT: THAT BEING SAID…

If you’ve got a stock 240… there is a LOT of things you can spend your money/time on before a hydro ebrake, that will have a much more dramatic effect on your car.
Suspension, brakes, bracing, power… etc. Even better yet…spend the money on TRACK TIME. Nothing will help you improve more.

we run a k-sport in our car. works awsome. good lock at high speeds. i wouldnt run one on the street though.

Thanks Mark!, i will deffintily be doing other mods on my car before i even think about putting one in, i just wanted to know what they where all about. Ricer DD yeah right lol, i dont understand what is rice about your car at all!