Hyundai Genesis 2.0T puts down 197 WHP and 227 lbft stock

Exhaust companies are going to love the results that an aftermarket exhaust shows on this car.

It’ll be interesting to see how much power can be had from an exhaust on one of these.

Yeah, I understand x1000… I guess just being the “mild enthusiast” I am, Id come to prefer only two airbags and a little less saftey in lieu of 300lbs. I understand how John Q Consumer opposes this though.

Im kinda basing this argument off of cars like the Evo X I guess. Im not sure what drove up the weight of that pig but wouldn’t buyers of that car prefer a little saved weight with saftey compromised slightly?

probably not, considering they’re one of the most crashed cars out there. Those extra airbags help a lot of FGGTS who get evo’s as 16th birthday presents live to see 18.

Idk… That was back when they were $30k and that was in the realm of possibility for situations like that. At $40k, these are becoming more of pure enthusiast cars :confused: I see your point though.

yeah it’s becoming more and more the car’s responsibility to save your life when you’re assclowning, instead of yours not to assclown. All that shit is heavy.

This car is def. cool…

is this a lot of horse power??

My Formula was 23k brand new and put down 300rwhp :lol: and weighed 3400

^^^ This car will turn though.

Isnt a dynojet pretty aggressive anyways? like 5-8% overstated?

I guess? I just don’t see 197rwhp out of a RWD car as impressive now a days…

I like this car don’t get me wrong…numbers just don’t seem overly impressive.

anyone else super sick of hearing about these cars? or am i the only one

http://www.igniq.com/images/genesis_nintendont_130605.jpg

??

I rather like this car.

Hello??? 2.0l 4cyl Turbo, stock. Nearly 200 whp is not bad at all.

They’re rated @ 210 at the crank, and they’re making only 13hp less than that at the wheels. While it’s not super fucking amazing, it’s still pretty decent. At least it’s not like the Rx8’s rated hp compared it’s actual :lol:

and considering all the cars that are getting axed lately, its nice to see one with some potential make it into production!

C’mon Josh, no one can argue the Evo X is a more “pure” enthusiasts car.

i said that about the CTS-V and got banned, watch your mouth Jam, i was told grown ups were talking. grown ups on nyspeed, now THAT’S comedy.

its more of what the pansies at the govt want and the result of sue crazed lawyers.

most folks just want an appliance.

Brian

Main competition? Looks like an underdog right out the gates.

Why don’t we talk about GM’s turbo 4cylinder? 260/260 or upgrade it from the factory to 300+…oh yah the stock car dyno’s at 250 hp and weighs in at 2900 pounds!

durka

durka

wrong wheel drive, but 400 pounds lighter and 50+ wheel hp

mohomid

jehad