If You Had To Choose One?

Between these two cars:

Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0t

or

Cobalt SS Supercharged/Turbo

They both are in a similar price range, i would like everyone’s opinion

I have no personal exp with the genesis but the turbo cobalt hauls ass… it is hard to build a argument against a RWD car though, and the cobalt has nasty torque steer and traction problems. So do you want to do lots of burnouts or would you rather boot the ass end out?

If its only those 2, I would take the hyundai

Poll added. This is a no brainer; RWD :tup:

only between those two, hence the title if you HAD to choose one

Seriously.

Why would it be between these two ?

wow i was about to post my opinion then a poll appeared haha.

depending on the circumstances id go with the hyundai. its rwd and probably a little more fun. however im unsure how good they would be in the winter. i know people say its not the car its the driver for that part, but not always true haha. so if its an all year round car i might go with the cobalt.

The Genesis has traction control, so unless you’re a total pile of fail in the snow (or switch it off) you’re not going to have a problem getting around in the winter. Snow tires would eliminate said fail altogether.

There’s not a very large aftermarket for the genesis right now.
Buschur has a front mount kit, BOV kit, and intake for it, but thats it.

I’d MUCH rather have a turbo cobalt than a sc one. tOtally different car.
However, genesis and cobalt, i would rather have the genesis. The style seems better, and is a more capable platform it looks like.

Cobalt ss/tc has no lift to shift though :wink:

this car would not be used in the winter.

and i have seen many mods for the genesis, programs, intercoolers, big turbo kits you name it

i vote ss/tc. amazing vehicles for the price.

I’d take the Genesis any day.

I still dont understand why if you have the budget for two cars like this (new im assuming) that it would actually come down to these two…

a bit OT but what would you suggest

Wait, you’re building a ride for summer use and in your budget, you choose these two cars?

Genesis, RWD of course, but realistically neither.

i didn’t choose anything, these are to different cars that crossed my mind at work today. they seem to offer a pretty big bang for buck

I assume you’re looking in the $25k pricerange. If I was spending that money I’d look for a nice clean used 350z… They’re pretty fun, pretty torquey and (I think) very easy to mod…

I look towards turbo cars because they are easier to make power on. That N/A gets sketchy sometimes

That’s cool. I’d say genesis then. Tq steer is gay. I drove a v6 genesis and it was kinda meh, but it was auto so maybe the turbo with a manual is a different story

I’d still say a late model 350z with I/h/e and a tune is going to make more power than you’ll likely make with a genesis turbo, and no doubt more torque. I mean in all reality are you really going to build the shit out of it? So many people base their car buying decisions on “I can put a gt42 on it and make siqqqqqq power bro” but never do.