i accidently my computer.... again :(

well, i was away in North carolina for the day when the wife called to tell me the computer is brokeded. i asked what happened and she said last night she forgot to tell me that the computer was making funny noises.:banghead:

well today i investigate and the computer would not turn on at all. no power up or anything. just moniters saying no signal.

so i looked inside the computer and the vid cards fan like exploded or something because the fan was way off axis and would not spin. So im assuming due to my fan failing the vid card eventially failed as well.

so i guess what im asking is, would a bad vid card cause a computer to not power up at all? like push the power button and nothing happens?

Take the card out…and see if it will power up.

The power supply for the computer might just be shot. The graphics card might have also had the fan broken for sometime probably from dust or which also killed the power supply.

ok, ill try that now and report back.

Don’t break an axle.

ok, just tried to boot up without vid card and still no go. just heard a little pop when i plugged it in and thats all she wrote.

could it be a bad power supply as well?

i cant imagine all this stuff going wrong at once.

Well my thought would be the video card fan was fucked you never noticed and then the power supply died…

Or the video card took a shit and somehow nuked everything else the first one is more likely.

:frowning: id rather break and axle. at least then i would know what im doing.lol

Is there anyone local that can trouble shoot this for me?

fucking geeksquad told my wife someone pried on the fan with somethin and destroyed the vid card and that the mother board is shot and that its not worth fixing, that she should buy another one. lol they knew all this just by looking at it.:banghead: without diagnosing anything.

just yell at it, that should do it.

You could always bring it to me to take a look :slight_smile:

I have a bunch of people on here who can vouche for me. PM me for pricing and location if you wish.

Have clean baldy look at it…I don’t fix PCs.