I can't believe I'm going to type this, but....I'm completely scotched out

Went to a fantastic SB party last night. The gentleman hosting has great taste in the spirits that really matter, namely scotch and wine.

Evening started out with a '61 Barolo, however I can’t remember the name. Definitely would be my house wine if I was in the 8 figure/year or more club

Then onto the scotches:
on the bottom shelf (no, I’m not kidding): Blue Label King George V Edition
Then upwards onto: '63 Glenlivet and a '69 Macallan. Pretty incredible stuff.

All followed up by a couple of glasses of '99 Moet Chandon (Dom).

Damn. It was tough to get into the shop today.

I have no idea what that means but it sounds fancy :tup:

no matter how much i try, i just can’t get into scotch or anything involving gin. I’d rather drink barton’s rum out of the bottle than a couple hundred dollar scotch. Guess it’s an acquired taste that I just can’t manage to acquire.

the '69 Macallan alone usually sells for about $1500-$2000/bottle. Christ, I almost feel guilty.

totally agreed. I’m 37 now, and didn’t start to get into any sort of Scotch until I was about 29-30, and it’s the Blue Label that got me started, unfortunately. Unfortunate because the cost keeps me from having it around more than once in a blue moon. Most of the time, the house bottle is Jameson’s

some say the price of gas is high…

I’ve had a bunch of 12 yr old scotch, the glenlivit was my favorite…

and I wish I could afford good scotch, like you were saying jason, the blue label is awesome but its about $250 a bottle…

I love going to my gf’s parents house, her dad is a lot like the guy you described above, and is always willing to share :tup:

LOL, was going to say the same thing!

i thought i was nuts getting a 140$ bottle of stolli elite vodka.

I know a few of those names, but can’t say I’ve had them. :jealous:

:tup:

I imagine you’re a hurting unit today boi!

i know what the aftermath of this night feels like… i did it, a bit lower budget liquors but all sorts of different scotch.

woke up with my clothes soaking wet in the garbage and my phone was dead, i think from what i can guess showing with my clothes on.

i didn’t feel right for two days, but that night sure was delicious :slight_smile:

werent you missing a shoe?

oh yea forgot that… my coat too.

that was undoubtedly the most fucked up i have ever been, and will ever be in my life.

i <3 gin

how do you get over the pine needles taste?

you take more than one sip :stuck_out_tongue:

I dunno, good gin tastes fucking awesome, you’re probably just drinking shitty stuff. step it up to the more than $25/bottle stuff and you’ll find it pretty good lol… also gin’s not the best for non-mixed drinks

gold label jack where i was last night. and thats the low end shit.

mmm, i love it.

sometimes the tonic can help the taste too. im currently on a polar kick.

i can almost drink an entire 1L of captian myself through a night, and be drunk.

or i can have 5 G&T’s and not remember my name.

you too? lol

my favorite gin drink as of late is wha ti call a gin lizzy. equal parts tanquray and topicana oj and a splash of sprite. mmmmmm

and my favorite gin of all time is millers. it is z best. ive had q too, not my favorite but still a really good gin. hendricks is really good too, has quite the bite to it.

I dont know, i must be hyper sensitive to that particular taste. My experience ranged between seagrams on the low end and tanqueray on the high, all negative. Even in a long island, all I get is an overwhelming gin taste and I usually have to force it down. Give me rum or vod mixed drinks, even 75% booze 25% mixer, and I’m downing between 750ml and a liter and still going strong. Then again, I can drink bourbon all night as well but have to choke down scotch. All personal preference i guess.