I can't itch my face :(

Just got all four of mine out the 22nd. Day of won’t be bad pain wise due t the novacaine n what not. Second and third day suck ass. Took me about a week to start eating normal again. I lived off spaghettios. Some advice…set an alarm at night to wake up and take your pain meds. Worst thing was waking up after a night of sleeping on your face and the pain meds wore off. Hurt like hell. Now i have a fucking hole in my mouth where food constantly gets stuck. But hey good luck with that haha.

Dentists don’t use novocaine anymore, it’s lidocaine and in high doses you can get an itchy feeling. When I had fillings put in, I was sooooo numb I was chewing on my tongue and didn’t know it.

EDIT: whenever you get your wisdom teeth out, Motrin 800 works so much better than lortab. I used the whole bottle of Motrin and still have the lortab in my cabinet.

An NSAID is nearly not as effective as an opiate for pain, but then again everybody is different and an NSAID will reduce inflammation that is probably contributing to pain.

Thanks doctor:gotme:. The NSAID inhibits prositglandins which cause inflammation and pain. When you have a tissue wound, like having your teeth pulled, NSAIDs should and in most cases work just fine. No real need for opiates, but to each their own.

i never get novicane for fillings…its not fucking worth it.

when i got wisdoms out i got some drug…dont remember getting them pulled at all. loll.

they damn near have to put me out to get my teeth cleaned lol. I HATE going to the dentist. I have issues with them. They scare me :frowning:

Ha I hate the dentist too. I have awful teeth. Anything I do they either bleed, have cavities, etc. I can brush my teeth 5 times a day after every meal, mouth wash, floruide, no sweets or soda and still have to be drilled.

I go to the dentist and come out looking like I got hit in the mouth with all the blood. YOu would think that after all the years of dentistry, they would have a better way to pick plaque off your teeth than a fucking medal stick with a point on the end of it.

Because of the cost of dental insurance that was actually my first time at the dentist in 5 years… I had 3 cavaties back then, and they didn’t grow at all.

I did however dull the drill bits. Apparently my teeth are extra hard :-/

Remember when you bet me $20 I wouldn’t climb that lamp post at bubble tea like 4 years ago?

Pay up, bitch. Only because you’re lazy.

22% nitrous at the dentist is fun :tspry: