anyone ever do that sedation dentistry thing?

Just noticed I have a tiny cavity forming in the back so it’s time to go to the dentist.I haven’t went in a year or so,as My teeth are getting super sensitve and even a simple cleaning scares the hell out of me.Pussy,I know.
Was wondering if anyone ever went to one of these and your thoughts.
D

i need to go to a dentist soon, its been a lil over a year i think… i just had my wisdom teeth out this year… whats ur question… have i been to a dentist, yes, been sedated, yes when my teeth were pulled… most of the time its a shot of novacaine and the filling goes in, bada bing, your out of there… have them do an xray and check your whole mouth for cavities… you dont want ur teeth to rot out of ur mouth…

I know at the sedation dentistry places they do it for cleaning and such.When I was younger I figured the harder I brushed my teeth,the cleaner they’d be right.Kind of like cleaning a floor.Well anyways that worked really well and I actually lost alot of enamel this way.My teeth look fine but are sensitive as hell at the gum line.I want them to stay fine as well.
D

I haven’t been to a dentist in probably 10 years… I’m so fucked when I go. And I need to go. Soon.

GO TO THE DENTIST…i go regularly for a check-up and cleaning…teeth are very important…i’m sure you want to keep them.

yea man just go for it… get it taken care of before you have to get a root canal or something

lol,THIS THREAD HAS TURNED INTO A " SHOULD i GO TO THE DENTIST OR NOT" THREAD(damn caps again)Just wondered if anyone had expierenced the S.D. process.From what I’ve been reading you take a pill an hr before your appointment,Then get driven in and you will never remember even going there.
D

WHO CARES DOn’T BE A FUCKING PUSSY!!! ITS A SMALL CAVITY… CRY SOME MORE… GET THE SHOT OR TWO GET THE FUCKING THING DRILLED AND CALL IT A DAY…

I’ve done cavities without anesthetics

Please read WHOLE post before commenting.Thanks
D

yes i read everything… everyone has sensitive teeth… once they whack that… one layer… enamel is outside i think… then the layer underneath sucks when they hit it… any pain you feel is all of… what 30 seconds… i’ll ask a friend for you… i know he had what you are saying… done…

Bump,

I’d love to have sedation dentistry done. I’ve had everything pretty much done before, teeth pulled, root canals, fillings, etc. I’m fearing an up coming root canal and I’m incredibly nervous and anxious. Can anyone recommend an Endodontist or somewhere that does sedation.

I love my place Westermier and Martin in East Aurora…multiple levels of sedation…dont make you feel like a douche…some hot techs…all wins.

I HATE the dentist and avoid it like the plague and while I still avoid it as much as possible, I do get through the procedures ok with their methods.

Is it extra for sedation? What level do you use? Feel anything during the procedure?

My biggest issue is needles in general so I do this Nu Calm which is a pill, then they toss some dark glasses on me and headphones that play relaxing music. Then a little bit of NOS to keep me mellow. Works great for cleanings and cavities.

I could not tell you what the extra cost is, but I know my insurance covers it with no issues.

I’m pretty sure the NOS is free, I’d love to try it. I’m fine with pretty much everything except the pain. I get super anxious when I go though. Anyone who’s ever had a root canal can attest, it’s not the most prettiest of environments.

http://www.bouldindds.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/root-canal.gif

I almost threw up looking at the procedure…ugh

Yeah I’ve had 4 of those… In my top front teeth. Hence the sedation question.

When I lived in New York, I went to Inspire Dental Group, out on orchard park rd.

They always gave a high level of care, and never any BS.

I had some serious work done, and they stuck a sedative in the vein of my hand. I was knocked out 30 seconds later.

Woke up, my wife put me to bed and that was it.

I’m sure they can give you a benzo or something before a less serious cleaning or whatever.

Don’t know anything about their office on maple in amherst, only been to the one in west seneca on op road.

Thanks, that sounds awesome! I’m assuming you had insurance as well?

If they use the numbing gel on the gums first you shouldn’t feel any pain with he needles. My teeth are very sensitive so I usually have them shoot me up for cleanings. I had surgery done last year and I swear the needle was a foot long lol.

I’ve never done sedation, I don’t like feeling drugged up.

I go to Westermeier in EA. They can be a little expensive for some things but they are very nice.