I dont think I ever want to come home...

I have been in Koln, Germany since Sunday for work and I have been working on trying as many real beers while I am here for my 2 weeks. I have started a list that I will continue to try to update as my time continues. all beer comes in its own specially designed glass for maximum aroma/flavor. Sorry for the bad pics, but they were all taken with my phone without any flash. So far here is the list:

1. Kolsch - A locally brewed beer here in Koln. It is considered a “light” beer but has the bite of our Budweiser, etc. Of course, the flavor is by far superior to even our higher end beers.
  2. Krombacher Pils - Another “lighter” beer but once again, the flavor is far superior.
  3. Shneider Weisse - More a middle beer similar to that of a Sam Adams, but as with with others the flavor is nothing like what we have.
  4. Guinness - There was no missing out on a good ole’ Guinness from right near the source. We went to the Jameson’s Irish Distillery Pub right here in Koln and that is where I got to taste a few more great beers… The guinness was just full of bite and flavor and as it went down smooth as can be, it left an everlasting taste that stayed through the meal right up until the next beer.
  5. Kilkenny - Another Middle like beer with once again, far superior flavor to anything I’ve ever had.
  6. Stolford Cider - Not a beer at all in my book, but Im not a cider fan at all. It had a good flavor, but to me was more of a cider/vodka mix. But keeping with my goal of trying as many as I can, I had to get it.

The Jameson’s Pub had a few more to offer, but the food was so great that my stomach was ready to burst and there was no way I could fit another beer in there… lol. As you can see in the pictures, most of the beers are only .3L to .5L b/c my goal is not to get drunk, but to sample and savor each and every beer that I try. If I come to any beers that I have no choice but to repeat, then I will get larger, but when you are trying 3-4 beers at one place, I dont feel like having a Pint of each and every one… lol.

This weekend will be a little bit of a break as we (my wife came with me) are going to Paris for Friday night and Saturday, then getting up early and stopping at Nurburgring on the way home (only about an hour from our hotel).

I will try to keep this updated as much as possible during my trip. All of my pics from the trip will be posted as soon as I get them uploaded and editted… which will probably be when I return.

Kenny

Try the Karlsberg Ur-pills, its amazing!!! my favorite beer, also the Bitburger is good too!

i thought guinness overseas was way different. when i was in ireland, i loved guinness. now here in the states, cant stand them. it definitely loses some flavor across the atlantic.

Bitburger!!!

both of those are on my list… lol. The Ur-pills they have at Jameson, the Bitburger I keep seeing signs for it so its only a matter of time… lol

We’re going to Germany for our Honeymoon!!

I am SO jealous right now!!!

Have you tried Spaten?? mmm GREAT light beer but SO good!!!

Why did you not take me? i would have even helped with your work,lol

what do you do for work kenny?

that is correct. they are different.

he works for Atlas Copco…rebuilding industrial compressors.

Kenny did you know an older dude by the name of Charles Stealey?

I’ve only been here for just over a year now, so I really dont know that many people… lol. There are a lot of people that work at our Voorheesville plant… lol

Kenny, steal me an Ingolstadt license plate. its the ones that start with “IN”

So I just found a hotel that is literally on the ring for only 78eu for a night. SO as long as the Paris hotel will not charge us for the second night if we cancel, we are going to leave Paris Sat. night around 8 or 9 and go straight to the ring and stay in that hotel… hopefully it works out!!!

2 more from last night:

#7 - Bitburger

#8 - Weizen

don’t get me wrong I love head just as much as the next guy…but thats just a bit ridiculous…I would complain lol

P.S. I still hate you Kenny…you just make sure your wife gets me a nice present.

the Bitburger head was fine… but the Weizen just would not stop… I went through about 3 napkins b/c it kept going up and over the top. The way the glass was designed, it was releasing the CO2 way too quickly. I ended up have to drink some of the head(blah) and then it was fine. The taste was well worth it… lol

Finally back from Paris/Nurburgring. They were both great, but I dont think I have walked so much in the past 4-5 years combined… lol. I didnt get to see many cars b/c it is so late in the season and the weather could have been better. Here are a few pics/teasers. I will try to post all of my pics once I get them uploaded/editted.
#9 Affligem in Paris… it was ok.
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f367/offroadzj/9Affligem.jpg
#10 Edelweiss in Paris… it was more of a cider again but wasnt really horrible… just not as good as some of the others.
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f367/offroadzj/10Edelweiss.jpg
I think we all know what this is… Giggity
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f367/offroadzj/Nurburgring.jpg
3km mark for the track… it was one of the few places open to actually get somewhat close to the track. And it was completely dead so I snuck down between a small break in the fence to get a clear shot of the track (In my main pictures… these were all with juts my phone). We only saw one bike and a few cars b/c it was so late and the weather was kinda crappy. We might head down again later in the week to see if we get lucky.
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f367/offroadzj/Nurburgtrack.jpg