I dont understand

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Buick-Grand-National-MSO-TITLE-1987-BUICK-GRAND-NATIONAL-GNX-359-NEVER-TITLED-9-MILES_W0QQitemZ180128084305QQihZ008QQcategoryZ6137QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

What is so special.

It can hold alot of newport wrappers.

:rofl:

its turbo?

Its the real king of g-bodies, sorry cutty.

That’s amazing.

its a GNX with 9 miles on it. he could prolly get more for it than what the buy it now price is.

MSO = Manufacturers Statement of Orgin

This means the car has never been titled. This is the document that a dealer gets with a new car. When I bought my truck in 1991, I bought it from a used car dealer, but it had an MSO. That makes me the original owner, even though it had 4300 miles on it.

With 9 miles and an MSO, someone thinks it is worth that kind of cash. I remember that someone paid $70K for one back in 1987. How would you like to buy a “brand new”, 1-of-546, 87 Buick GNX? I heard someone local just bought a 1000 mile GNX for $100K, so $109,980 may be a good deal. If I had $100K laying around, I would buy it. But I don’t, so I wont.

Wait 'til Dick Starbucks sees this thread, he’ll tell how many times the tires went around in 9 miles…:blue:

between 4000 and to 4200 but i may be off a little. thats assuming the overall wheel diameter is about 22".

richard almost bought that car at the nationals

but compared to his

its a high milage car:bowrofl:

wow, that is amazing, I wonder what it will finally go for. Do any exist with less mileage? I don’t see how it could possibly in better condition

They are bigger than 22" diameter, more like 25" or 26" overall tire diameter.

This is probably the 3rd time I’ve seen this car for sale in the past 2 months.

If I had the money to blow, I’d like to buy it and immediately drive it home.

if i had the money i’d be daily drivin it

Yep and about the third time on pittspeed. I just wish they would sell it already. I mean really, right now they are within what, about $10,000.00 of the buy-it-now? Sell the POS already…

I wonder how the seals, hoses and gaskets are? And if you look at the 12th picture down, you can see that the caliper is rusty, so it probably wasn’t stored as properly as they say.

Probably hardened with time, etc. I think I remember Cutty saying how over time it’ll break down, in use or not, and replacement parts for a GNX are damn near impossible to get.