Survivor GNX

9.9 original miles, untitled, Buick GNX
number 359 of 547
one of the ulitmate collector “muscle cars”

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-Trucks___1987-BUICK-GRAND-NATIONAL-GNX-359-NEVER-TITLED-9-MILES_W0QQitemZ350164510384QQddnZCarsQ20Q26Q20TrucksQQddiZ2282QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item350164510384&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A317

I don’t even have to open it to determine that it’s badass.

I want that only as a euro E36 3.2 :confused:

wow ,id give it all away for that…one on b/j did 130k from gm,s collection sold on a salv title or a dmv made vin

Id love to buy it, and drive the absoloute shit out of it, cmon 9 miles… drive the damn thing

Id rather have one with 100k than one with 9 miles.
Anything rubber and any kind of gasket or seal is going to leak as soon as somebody drives it.
Cars are made to be driven, not parked in a museum.

Somehow I doubt that that thing has anything mechanically wrong with it, maybe if they let it SIT without dressing any of the rubber bits, yeah.

But this thing has obviously been meticulously cared for.

What he said…

The reason theres only 9 miles…

Backed out of the garage, washed and inspected… drove back into the garage …

I’ve seen 2 GNX’s in real life, made my life a little bit more complete :stuck_out_tongue:

Shit dryrots from sitting.

Even my grandmother’s car has needed rubber lines/hoses and a cv boot replaced because the rubber dryrotted. Her car is a '93 with 34k and it sits in her garage all the time. I dont think its been driven 500 miles in the past 2 years.

good find

Badass for sure but I would much rather have one I can drive. With the miles that low, you just wouldn’t want to drive/enjoy it.

Fuck that, id drive it everyday… that thing needs to be driven, I dont know how people can just let cars sit

maybe so they can sell a car that cost 20k for 100k+?

:rofl

I think this thing was maintained just a little bit better than your grandma’s car :lol… just a hunch I have

I’m with ya, I can’t let mine sit. But since this one has been sitting for so long it has no appeal to me. I would want a much less expensive on to drive.

thats why this one is a survivor. every car marque needs to have a survivor.
this car would be nasty to drive. but youre better off building a basic GN for that. or finding a wrung out GNX(tough when only 547 were built, and the 1st was stolen from ASC McLaren, and destroyed, only 546 officially sold)

its amazing what the difference between a climate control environment will do compared to sitting in albany or schenectady.

gorgeous…

Her’s is well maintained, just never driven. Still has new car smell in it.

Yeah but even then Id think the tires would get flat spots and stuff. Cars are meant to be driven.

youre dumb. if cars are meant to be driven, why is yours always broken?

if you had a very limited production vehicle, with no miles, never titled, im sure youd see it differently. when you buy a car for 29k and 20years later its worth over 100k… think about it.