i F**ced it up

as i feared the timing gear on my jetta was not put on right. The marks are pointless. I managed to get my car completly out of time atleast 10 different ways. I cant seem to get it right. ive worked on the thing all night, now im too tired and frustrated to avoid breaking things so if anyone from around my area whos confident they know what there doin could lend me more advice and if its not out of the way possibly give me a hand tomorrow? well actually its 1am it would be this evening. please lemme know asap, if anyones available pm me a number i can contact you at. thanks

how was it put on wrong??? i thought they had key ways on them to prevent that

Ese
412-821-2800

i just talked to a tech down at ESE so im gonna go try what he said… thanks for the reference

this is a pain in the ass…almost 11 and im still down in the garage…

No luck from 2pm to 1am ive been working on gettin my car back into time. i just cant figure it out. i have the valve cover off several times tring to get an understanding and to the best of my knowledge make sure the cam is in the right position for when the #1 piston is TDC. no luck, im stumped. i dont know what to do guys? :dunno:

i’m guesing you dont have a service manuall

i do its a haynes

how about you take it somewhere…sometimes paying a professional is worth every penny… :cool:

anyone sellin a 1.8 engine?