I NEED SOME HELP GUYS...!!!!

i need some help guys…anyone near cranberry who is ok at doing timing???

IF ANYONE CAN HELP , PLEASE CALL ME 412-512-0905

i need the car running correctly asap!!

i switched blocks on this ls motor, timed it and put it back in the car …for some reason i cant seem to get the timing right , i keep getting 1-2 teeth off from perfect and im so frustrated because the car fired up great and ran great and then after like 5 minutes i could hear the valves on the pass side exhaust side hitting the piston a little bit…not enough to do damage but enough to hear it…that could be caused by the timing being off right???

sorry to hear. I didn’t think they would hit from a 1 or 2 tooth off

its a ls bottom end with ctr pistons, cometic HG and nothing is done to the head…

def could hit from timing being off but like zex said i never would think 1-2 teeth would make that big of a difference. you have the arrows on the gears pointing towards each other and the white mark on the crank pulley points at the mark on the side of the block right??

with ctr pistons it’s possible

x2…

but the vtec lobe is no in effect so the lift isent really that big…

Timing is really not that hard… you just have to slow down and figure it out…

would the dizzy be off that much maybe? but i wouldn’t think that would cause the valves to hit. What about valve adjustment?

IN the helms manual it says the arrows point straight up and the little notch in the gears pointing towards eachother ???

the dizzy is not off, its EXACTLY where it was when it came off

another way you can do it is pull the valve cover and get punch’s to put in the cam hats to hold the cams in time. Tough ones I usually do that, turning the crank by the cam itself with a big wrench (maybe 7/8’s, i forget)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/wildoutwhitegsr/Integra%20Info/How-To%20Install%20Valve%20Springs%20and%20Valve%20Stem%20Seals/tdc.jpg