I Feel Dirty

Posting from the lastest Ubuntu Linux… I’ve NEVER been a fan of Linux for the simple fact that it would push something I need to know for work from the Windows world from my brain.

Anyone have any Linux for n00b’s sites to get some basic commands down, etc?

You should feel better for getting the corporate Microsoft stink off you

Corporate MS Stink pays my bills so I can’t abandon it completely.:sario:

I didn’t know that LLC’s were no longer corporations . . .

I tried Ubuntu. I like mandriva better.

Supposedly the ubuntu forums are pretty good. :shrug:

You feel dirty…I have to develop a Windows image to be deployed to a shit load of iMacs…

rm -rf /*

:mamoru:

Fixed

http://ubuntuguide.org

To learn the syntax & flags of any command type “man [command name]” and you’ll get the manual page.

What are you using to deploy them? SMS?

sudo shred -z -n 32 /*
:smiley:

welcome to a while ago. noob. :slight_smile:

it works. i have it on one of my systems. i think this is a repost, but i dont feel like searching

:tup:

If you bump this tomorrow, I have a pretty good bookmark on my laptop with A SHITLOAD of linux/unix commands. Its like a fucking bible for unix nerds. I will probably forget about this though, so bump it tomorrow so I see the thread.

BTW, Ubuntu is the noobiest of the *nixes, but I really like what cononical is doing with it. I forsee it to takeover Red Hat Enterprise AT LEAST for desktop use. I don’t know enough about its server capabilities.

word, i downloaded this the other day to give it a shot … still wherry on installing it though. i’m just too used to windows

Mansnake… yuck freaking vile horrid distrubution that has always suffered from mental retardation.

Ubuntu forums are pretty darn good and seriously look at the Ubuntu Wiki it is one of the most comprehensive and complete ones out there.

Also to those out there Ubuntu Hardy 8.04 has Wubi which installs it into a simple dir on you windows file system (a loopback based disk file) and adds ubuntu to NTLoader it can also be removed from add remove programs.

Seriously Wubi makes trying out Ubuntu stupidly simple and easy.

I installed Ubuntu to my 8gig SD card and booted off that. Thanks for the info though.