i got a FREE motorcyle tire

story goes as: … i ordered 2 tires for my bike about a week or so ago from a place online… i recieved the rear tire, and not the front tire, called the company that day, and they had said that UPS had broke the band tieing both front and rear tires together, so the company said that they would ship it out from a different supplier… anyways long story short, the UPS guy pulls up to my door this afternoon, and i see a big box, and im thinking to myslef “them SOB’s sent me another rear, and not the front tire…” WRONG, i recieved both front and rear… so basically got a free tire… ill prolly keep it, and if i hear from them… ill send it back, but until then… ITS MINE… ALL MINE

cliff notes: bought 2 tires… 1 came…called company… they mistakenly sent out both… :slight_smile:

Sweet, can never have too many rear tires!

It’s true.

sell it
im interested

It’s like ordering 2 pizza from pizza hut. Call them back and say one was wrong. They’ll redo the whole order and send it back out. And they don’t need/can’t sell the pizza they sent “wrong” so you keep them.

Done it at two different houses, first time was def their fault, they fucked up the order. Second time was used as a control to see if a different shop in a different town would do the same thing.

It’s viewed as allowable shrink and as a customer relation cost, so they get to write it off on their books. Probably the same deal with the tire place. That or they’re going after UPS for it.

Something similar happened to my friend back in like 1998. He ordered a set of 17" wheels and tires from a place online. They all showed up to his house fine but another box also arrived. It was a 19 inch chrome rim in a box. He called the company to let him them know about it and they said UPS must have fucked up and there was nothing they could do about it untill someone complained or UPS let them know. He waited a year and heard nothing from them so he sold the wheel on ebay i believe.

what type tire?? pilot power???

dunlop qualifier :slight_smile:

this happend to my grand father. he ordered a really expensive radio for my grand ma. it was lat he bitched they sent another he got 2 and billed for one

let me know how you like those. i’m gonna try the 208gp’s that came on my bike, i’ve heard bad things about 208’s though and i think i remember having them on a bike and not liking them

the back is worn in the middle but the sides are brand new. heh