Did I just get screw over V. Tires

So I went to X shop and bought 2 almost new tires for these rims.
I payed 85 mounted and balanced, not a bad deal.
I get the tires home and get to looking at them, theres a small buldge in the sidewall.
So I take them back to the shop and they swap out the one tire.
I ask if they are going to do both, they said they didnt have another matched pair unless you want to buy new.
So now I payed 85 for missmatched tires (same size different brand)

What should I do?
Is there anything I can do?
I really like the shop so I dont want to write them off.

I’m pretty sure there is nothing you can do. Buying used tires is probably an “as-is policy” with no warranty and the fact they gave you another one of the same size seems like they are trying to do the right thing.

^ X2

they did more than most would. i would write them a letter of thanks.

tires may be the most important thing you put on your car. way to cheap out on it.

The rest of the car likely sucks MUCH worse than the tires he has on it.

shitty deal

You didn’t get screwed, you got what you paid for.

You paid for shitty used tires, you got shitty used tires.

Yes, it would have been better if the matched set of used tires you started out with were perfect but they weren’t. That’s a chance you take when spending $85 for 2 tires mounted and balanced.

IB4 Newman’s poor comment.

Just out of curiosity, what size tire?

Yeah, I thought so too.

As for cheaping out, Ill take some 90% tires for half of what a new one costs.

I dont think they went above and beyond by correcting thier mistake.
No way would I have bought a damaged tire for 5$ let alone 40$.
I also wouldnt have knowingly bought 2 missmatched tires for 85$.
I’m in talks with them now, if they will take back there used tires, I’m going with new tires.
Driving there and back twice I’ve already put the difference in the tank.

The people who run the shop are pretty much awesome, so I’m hoping it irons out.

With that said the tires were 205 40 17s

do you think NYSPEED will really give you the right answer?

it is a car forum.

just got off the phone, Im getting my 80$ credited back, and tomarrow getting some brand new tires.
Total like 145$
I dont even care anymore, I’m tired of this crap.

Keep the BS in OT.

Out of further curiosity, how worn are the two tires you’re not replacing since this obviously isn’t a motorcycle.

Almost brand new.

:tup: to not putting new tires on the drive wheels while leaving bald tires at the other end.

there not even close to bald
The guy I bought them from had a whipped front end, so the tires that Were on the front had the inside edges burned off, whiole the rest of the tire was still in good shape.

From the sounds of it I’d get an alignment with your new tires before you eat them up too.

:picard:

If you cant afford new tires when yours get close to bald, dont drive a car.

Tires arent very expensive in such a standard size. Get new, and dont get the cheapest ones you can find.