Y does this happen

So today i had off and i had to get a tire mounted cause my car has been sitting for awhile and plus i need to get it inspected. So i usually get my tires done at the same place but that was kinda out of the way today, so i decided to try out some other places a little closer. Well just as i had thought every place i went to was kinda busy which was no big deal. My main issue is that everyplace (ntb,pepboys etc) i go to like these places talk to you like your an idiot. For example at ntb I was like how much do u guys charge to mount and balance tires. Now mind you i already told this guy it was on a 18inch wheel. The guy proceeds to say something like well let me take a look at what size it’s, do you have the tire with you. I’m like theirs no need to look at it cause i just told you the size and i need a price. The guy was like "ugh well since its a low profile tire we need to make sure its up to our specs and blah blah blah. Basically the dude didnt know what he was talking about and proceeded to try and make me seem like i didnt know what i was talking about. So after bs with the guy for a couple of minutes we finally get to the price and it was $40.(way to much for mounting 1 tire.) Then he proceeds to ask me where the tire was puchased?? So instead of getting ignorant i was like tirerack.com. The guy was like oh the place up on rt30. I’m like wtf?? :slight_smile: So basically the moral of this whole story is i didnt get the tire mounted yet and alot of these places have people working for them that have no idea what there doing. Anyone else have simliar experience? :slight_smile:

go to bonus tires…tis on verona rd…about 1 mile from the frankstown-verona road intersection.

ask for V or sponce & tell them jeremy sent you.

they are like 10 per tire to mount & balance…may a $1 or so more for bigger wheels but its in the 10-15 ballpark.

Cool i’m going to head down there and its only 15min away from my house. :slight_smile:

yep they are dumbasses.

I took my dads old car (crown vic) down to NTB about 2 years ago to get snow tires put on. So i wait like 2 hours and when they pull the car out i look down and they put the snow tires on the front of the car. Needless to say the car is rear wheel drive, but hey i guess they weren’t informed of that. I made it known that i was pissed of and they gave me a nice discount for the time i wasted.

Just the fact that you even thought of going to (ntb,pepboys etc)…I have no pity for you.

Yea trust me i know. Just thought it wouldnt be to bad for something like 1 tire. Something so simple ends up being a hassle anyways.

Did you post up on here? maybe save you some money and the hassle…?

there are different sized 18s…that might be what he was asking, what the sidewall size is. A lot of places have no problem with most 18 inch rims but a lot couldnt do mine because the sidewall is a 35 series. not enough tire to grab

Yea i see what your saying. I explained it to the guy twice though before and he proceeded to ask me the same question. Its all good though, just a bad experience and price.lol.

and would you believe those guys are ASE certified :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl:

well that differs since a 35 series can also be a decent size sidewall like for instance if it was a 295/35/18 thats a 26’’ tall tire with a decent sidewall

but if it was a 205/35/18 it would be hard

Import export tire in Monroeville (and their shop in latrobe) has one of the updated machines that can handle all the over sized / low profile stuff. They are resonabbly priced as well. I have been dealing with them ever since my buddy who I used to deal with at a local performance place got a job there.

Havn’t had a problem yet.

i realize that, thats why i brought it up…

Yea i’ve gone their before and had good luck. I went there yesterday also but they only had 1 tech working and the guy said they were extremely busy and they couldnt do it.

Cool thanks Jeremy. Just got back from there. Good service,good price and quick service. :boink Oh yea i dealt with sponce.

Good people! :beer: They took care of my Volks, no damage and they are really cool ppl!