most dirty cheap tire mount/balance you know

who is the cheapest tire mount/balance shop you know of?

I just need some cheap shite mounted and balanced in the oakville, milton, mississauga, burlington area.

thx

Take em to a high school or something…

We do that sort of shit at my school… and you only get charged for the weights for balancing.

i dunno the cheapest but tire23 is 20$ for pair of 16s 25$ for pair of 17s 30$ for 2 18s and like 40$ for 2 19s i beleive…

hrm, what does the tire size have to do with anything? :slight_smile:

it’s just 15’s btw…

thx season!

any others??

Takes me more time to mount a 16" then a 15" tire.

Yea… It takes 2 seconds more to spin a 16 inch rim on the machine… Its a money makin scam. Some tires are harder to mount tho like Potenza’s take a few people to hold down.

i’ll do it for you,

if its a set of tires, 20 bucks all 4, including balance.
anything over a set of tires/wheels. 25 for everything.

thats if you are willing to come all the way to scarborough. ask vadim where i work for directions.

So your saying that you’ll just use more people to push the sidewall down? Doesn’t that cost the shop more money as the division of labour is concentrated on the single task where as they could be working on something else?

You only served to prove my point that it takes more time for 1 person to mount tires on larger diameter rims.

When I mount tires on my 16" rims, I’m also 10x more careful not to ruin the polished aluminum lip thus taking a bit of extra time to setup the rubber guard (cut hose) and position it accordingly. If I was being paid by the hour, it would cost the owner more money…

Thirdly, larger diameter rims require newer machines. Newer Machines cost money… duh. If there’s a machine dedicated to 17"+ rims then I don’t see why it wouldn’t cost more to mount them.

Just like anyting in a shop, everything is an investment with expected returns over a period of years.

I’ve been working at homosexual wal-mart for almost a year now mounting tires and all that oil change crap, and let me tell you, there is a difference between mounting a 15” rim and a 17s. The difference is the side wall is usually a lot shorter on a 17. Witch in return makes it 40 times hard to take off and put the tire on. But mind you wal-mart has horrible machines and everything is annoyingly difficult. To answer the original question wal-mart is around 10 dollars per tire to balance alone, so don’t go there, and don’t go there if u have any sort of nice rims.

Damn I need a new job

Actually i Did not prove your point at all you were talking about time not all that other stuff. I said it takes 2 more seconds BUT some tires are harder to mount than other like potenzas doesn’t matter what size rim its on its just harder to mount.As for the different machine sure but you were talking about time and i said it doesn’t take more time and for your polished crome lip or whatever that your specific rim and care is relative to the person who is mounting the tire. Nothing with tire size. The fact is that it doesn’t take more time to mount bigger tires. I’ve done tires many times. The time factor is the hardness of the tire and the profile of the tire… or if its streched or not… many things like that. Not the rim size. a 15 inch rim going to a 16 inch rim isnt costing the shop a 5 or 10 dollar increase in time. unless for some reason they have a machine for every single size of tire and the machines get progressively slower and slower the bigger rim they mount.

Please note that the “Enter” key is readily available for you to use.

All I was doing was proving it for any case and not all cases in order to give a plausible business decision for a tiered tire pricing scheme.