I guess they were right...

he admitted to lying about some context in the movie… i wil dig up the quotes later… just brought this thread back because my thermometer said -4 degrees farenheit just now

exactly. i just did a huge debate on it in school. i was on the side that global warming isnt an issue.

its hyped up and blown out of proportion. they act like our cars and hairspray are killing the ozone causing global warming but in fact its just what happens naturally on earth. there will be massive floods eventually but not because we killed the ozone to make it happen. look it up the facts are there mr al gore :ugh2:

you’re an alright guy and a smart dude… so i’m not going to be a huge dick.

but… why is it that everyone hears ‘global warming’ and takes it literally… there is a lot more behind the theory than the globe warming… it talks about seasons shifting over periods of time (hence no snow until late Jan and winter in Feb / Mar)… plus the increase in the severity of storms (upper NY, out west and the like)… as well as increased solar radiation and heating due to cloud chamber effects (unseasonably high temps in times of cold weather, as in, it was -4 then and was 50 yesterday)… and all of these examples are only talking about this winter… past weather trends have been on target with the theorys surrounding global warming

so whatever… i’m not justifying anything nor am i preaching… it’s just totally idiotic to say “well it’s 30 degrees… global warming is a hoax”… LOL… get real!!!

trust me, al gore has always been an idiot… BUT, when he was our age, he was in college and taught by the man that INVENTED carbon dioxide monitoring and testing… so he’s been around it and is now (30 years later) showing his findings that the amount is ever increasing and in the past, the large increases lead to an ice age…

frank,

if you just did a debate then you should be up on the facts… and i would like to hear them… al gore isn’t out there to promote global warming to make money or for fame… he’s already a famous millionaire… so what do you think his motive is???

list the facts… i’m curious on the subject and would like to hear your side.

His motive is CONTROL.

of what? sure he’s trying to make a political statement to show that people (politicians in power) overlooked something that is a ‘threat’ but what is he going to accomplish?

i’m not going to defend al gore, i never really liked him (never really liked any politician) but he has nothing to gain over the general populus… you think people are going to see that global warming is an issue and are going to have al gore marches around the US? no… I would hope that his motive is to be informative.

if you watch his movie, you’d know he doesn’t try to jam anything down your throat… which was really surprising to me and a relief… i’ll make anyone a copy that wants to check it out to see it first hand. the facts are there… ice caps on mountians are melting, ocean levels are rising and carbon levels are rising… it shows what could happen (naturally speculation is bullshit) but it’s at least informative and based around facts.

i am not saying nothing is going on, i was just stating that al gore is making it seem a whole lot worse. I dont think we have anything to worry about in our lifetime.

this is takin from and interview with gore.

Q: There’s a lot of debate right now over the best way to communicate about global warming and get people motivated. Do you scare people or give them hope? What’s the right mix?

A: I think the answer to that depends on where your audience’s head is. In the United States of America, unfortunately we still live in a bubble of unreality. And the Category 5 denial is an enormous obstacle to any discussion of solutions. Nobody is interested in solutions if they don’t think there’s a problem. Given that starting point, I believe it is appropriate to have an over-representation of factual presentations on how dangerous it is, as a predicate for opening up the audience to listen to what the solutions are, and how hopeful it is that we are going to solve this crisis.

Over time that mix will change. As the country comes to more accept the reality of the crisis, there’s going to be much more receptivity to a full-blown discussion of the solutions.

more to be found at http://www.grist.org/news/maindish/2006/05/09/roberts/